Monday, September 25, 2006

Sunday

How to ease motion discomfort:

- Regulate air vent for additional air

- Concentrate on objects at a distance



-Or- don’t get into a small plane shortly after having a taco and two sodas.

Those two wonderful lines of advice are printed on the back of the Sic-Sac. The third, I figured out on my own.


Mike and I, and a friend of his from school, went flying today. We had planned on going to monument valley, but a few things kept us from getting there today. So we ended up going to Page, AZ and had lunch and came back home.

It was still a nice flight, and I don’t know why I had a hard time with this one. I’m blaming the taco. I felt fine on the way up and during lunch. Then for some reason after taking off I started to feel nauseous. I’ll spare you the details, but did you know that it is legal to throw puke bags out of small aircraft windows?

I feel sorry for anybody that might have been hiking around the Grand Canyon today. Hopefully nobody got hit with a puke bomb.

Here are some pictures from today:











Me.




Downtown Phoenix with Bob open.











The Grand Canyon













Lake Powell















Sedona











I took over 100 pictures, so I might post some more in a bit!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

hey where's prescott?? hmmm, glad you missed us--you and your puke bag! :)

SuburbanMom said...

Cool pics!
When I was a teenager I flew over the grand canyon in a teeny airplane (with my parents) and I was so sick. So, so, sick. It was just a stroke of luck that I didn't barf all over the poor guys plane ;)

Anonymous said...

gross Kerry! Love the pictures though:)

Unknown said...

You can throw the bag, or just the puke? I never took you for a litterbug, Kerry. Whatever, it's gross. Ick. ;)

FYI- BOB is now Chase Field- but it will always be BOB to me. 20 years from now, when we're all still calling it BOB, we'll be showing our age, huh? ;)

Love the photos!!

Kerry said...

The whole bag baby! Eww. (Which actually contained a once empty McDs cup.)

Yeah, it will always be BOB. Same with Squaw Peak. I have lived here too long to even remember what that has changed to now.

Heck, I still have to remember to call Price Club - Costco! LOL! I'm offically an old timer.

Maddy said...

Cool pcitures. What a fun flight -- sans puke bag. I can't imagine being around when one of those landed.

Michelle said...

seriously, that shouldn't be legal! How can that be legal???

LOL but I suppose had I just yakked I wouldn't wanna sit next to it in a dinky aircraft either. :)

Anonymous said...

eww....see, that's why I don't fly

mimiscraps said...

I didn't know you could throw things out an airplane window! HEE HEE! How fun though! Great photos!

Anonymous said...

eww
eww
eww!!!!

nice picture, though! :)

Jamie said...

Kerry, So sorry you got sick. I hate that feeling. And no, I didn't now it was legal to throw puke bags out of the airplane.

Those pictures came out great though. You are so lucky to be able to fly around like that and see all those sights.

--Jamie

Michelle said...

Karen said,
"eww....see, that's why I don't fly"

Puke bombs. the reason I don't HIKE. hahaha