Saturday, September 23, 2006

I can do this!

Today was funny. Trevor had his first official 'friend from school' over.

This past week when I was in the pick up line at school, I noticed that Trevor wasn't getting to the car in record time like he used to. He usually missed me so much during the day he would come running across the field at a record speed to get in the car. Instead, I would hear a knock on the window, and look over to the top of three little heads, 30 little fingers, and six little eyes looking over the top of the car door into the window.

I roll the window down and Trevor's little friends would start asking for my phone number because they wanted to come over and play. They looked SO cute. Did I mention that one of them is a little girl that Trevor cannot stop talking about? SO cute!!

The phone rang this morning and the little boy, Tyler, asked if Trevor could come over and play. So T went over to his house for awhile and had lunch. Then they had so much fun together, they came over here for a couple of hours too.

It looks like a Pokemon/Fisher Price castle bomb went off in Trevor's room. But, it is worth it because it was adorable to see Trevor with his own friend. It is always so weird when you aren't in charge of who your kids play with. I started to learn this last year when Megan would meet new people at school. Up until then, the only kids that mine ever played with were MY friend's kids. Now they meet new kids at school and bring them home, or little kids are calling my house. It is really cute.

It is hard not to laugh when you pick up the phone and all you hear is breathing. Used to be, that would be a prank call from some psycho. Now I know it is a little kid who is too shy to ask, in a tiny voice, "Is Trevor home?"

Heck, even Matthew was making plans with a little boy to come over this week when he was in preschool.

I just got used to being the social coordinator for Megan. Now I am adding two boys with friends into the mix. It is different. I am definitely learning not to be so uptight about tidyness. It is a learning experience for me. LOL!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow when I go to target :)

Lisa said...

how cute is that! so fun!

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun! :)