Thursday, September 07, 2006

Our nightly routine



I felt kind of bad that the last layout I did of Matthew didn't exactly put him in the best light. Haha! He really is good more than he is bad, and when he is good he is the absolute sweetest thing ever!

This actually started out as a thing my mom used to do when I was little. Even when I was a teenager, sometimes when we were just being goofy she would tuck me into bed like this. So I guess the tradition goes on because my kids laugh when we do it.

Here is the journaling:

WHERE IS MATTHEW?

I guess I'll just lie down and wait for him.

Wait a minute....there is a big lump in his bed!

What ever could he have in there?

Is it Matthew??? [pause for dramatic effect]

THERE HE IS!!!!!!!!!

It is Matthew!! [lots and lots of giggling!]


************

Guess what I got to do today??? Hold a baby!! You know how much I love that. Our neighbors have been in Russia for the past two months adopting a baby boy. Well, actually he is 9 months old so he is in that really fun stage where he is just a bundle of fun. He was smiling and laughing when he came over today. The mom said that he lights up when children are around because he was used to being in an orphanage for so long and he used to get so much attention from the other kids. How sad is that? But it is a happy ending and I am so glad I will get to see this little guy grow up. He is adorable.

on a side note...we are going away for the weekend! I promise to update when we get back! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I **loved** that LO of Matthew. That's real life, baby. It's great. This one is great too, as is the one of Trevor. He's really looking like a big boy now. His look kind of changed.

Have a wonderful weekend away. Hope it's relaxing.

Anonymous said...

don't you love those routines? :) i love that you documented this. i should do the same!

Maddy said...

I need a weekend update!!!

PS I love the LO, but you already know that since I oohed and aahed all over them on Wednesday. WOO HOO -- that was fun. We need to do it more often!!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I want a weekend update, too!

Where is Kerry?
I guess I'll just sit here by the computer and wait for her.
Wait a minute...there is a plane in the sky!
Whoever could be in it?
Is it Mike and Kerry?
Why, I think it is. And she's going to post now! (lots and lots of giggling).

;)

Anonymous said...

great layout!!! love it and love his cute beachy pillows!!!lisa