Thursday, June 14, 2007

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, this is your pilot speaking. Oh, and Toxic Thomas.

Right now I am at flightaware.com watching Mike's plane come home from Cincinnati! He should be here soon. What did we ever do before technology came along that allowed us to track flights across the world?? It is so cool! I like to guess what state he is over before I hit refresh. It's my little game.



I finally get to say more though... He is officially employed!! Woohoo! He got a job with ComAir, who is owned by Delta. It is incredible news!!! I couldn't really say more the other day because technically he still had one more part of the interview to take care of back there.



I am incredibly happy and proud of him. I remember him wanting to do this back when I met him in high school. Life took a few different turns for us, but those turns enabled us to be able to do this now, at this point in our lives.



So it's official! There is a commercial pilot in the house! :)



*********************









I have been putting of the inevitable until tonight, when Matthew goes to sleep. There is a recall on thousands of Thomas wood engines. Supposedly there is lead paint on several different characters from a pretty good chunk of the decade. Prime years that my boys were collecting these toys.



I need to sneak in and tag and bag some of these guys. I don't want to over react, but Toxic Thomas is not a fun toy. The only thing is, I keep having flashbacks of all the years that my boys played with them and they of course ended up in their mouths. Ugh.

Thank goodness a large part of the Thomas stuff we have are the metal trains. That should cut my numbers down to about 500 trains that I need to sort through! LOL!

7 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

I was TOTALLY thinking about you today when I heard about the recall...sorry:(

Jamie said...

Congratulations to you guys on the new job! I am guessing you'll be using a lot more of that web site in the future. :)

Sorry about toxic Thomas? How in the world did something like that ever happen? Hope you get it all worked out.

Michelle said...

I thought of you, too, when I heard about Thomas. :( Bummer.




CONGRATS to Mike (and you *wink*) about the job! That's fantastic!

Anonymous said...

That is great news about Mike. A dream come true. I love it when that happens. He worked hard and it all paid off. Now his work is his passion and he loves what he does. Doesn't get any better than that.

You know, I thought about you when I read about the Thomas recall. How did it go? Did he realize they are gone? That is just insane. All those upset kids today. Makes me sad.

Unknown said...

I guess we were all on the same wavelength when we heard about Toxic Thomas, cause I thought of you, too! Actually, I thought of Matthew first... ;) I hope it's not too traumatic for him and that your trains don't have any of the lead in them.

Congrats to Mike!!

Maddy said...

YEAY! How exciting. I'm super excited for you and Mike. What a great feeling. I hope you had a great night celebrating.

Sorry about Thomas! That can't be fun. Luckily the only Thomas stuff we have is di-cast or whatever it is.

I'm getting excited for tonight!

laura said...

yay mike!!!! that is totally awesome! :)