Saturday, June 02, 2007

summer has finally started around here.

Today feels like the official first day of summer. Probably because the first week seemed like a blur with everything going on.

Today I took the kids swimming. My ward has this awesome thing worked out for the summer where every Friday a group of moms meet at different houses so our kids can all get together and swim. My kids loved it... being that we are the only ones on our street that seem to not have a pool. (next year... next year... next year.... I keep chanting this to myself.) It was great that they got to see some friends, cool off and wear themselves out with a couple hours of solid swimming.

Does swimming count as taking a bath??? ;) It should, because I can't believe it is already so late. We've totally blown any sort of bedtime rules too, since summer began.

I took the longest nap ever today. I think the weight of everything going on for the past couple of months crashed on me today. I have been seriously fatigued.

Lets just say that if U2 was waiting for me at a scrapbook store full of free products to give me, and all the coke I could drink, I still wouldn't want to go. Now that is tired. Not to mention too, when I came in the door from swimming expecting Mike to be up and feeling better... he was in a fetal position on the couch. Again. Oh no.

He had a stint removed, and apparently that shocked the hell out of something inside him. Like his innards haven't been violated enough lately. I called the doctor, and he said to watch him for an hour and if it didn't get better to head BACK to the hospital. Noooooooo! I wanted to have an all out tantrum on the floor. No. No. No.

He was still hurting most of the day, but I think the thought of him having to go back didn't appeal to him either. Please, I hope this was the last hurrah today. I'm ready for some normalcy around here.

And speaking of... time to get these kids into bed.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

i hope mike's innards are doing well!!!

Maddy said...

I think I have heard enough about Mike innards to last a lifetime ;-)

laura said...

yikes!! i hope he is better tonight!

Anonymous said...

PS I was just teasing! Suddenly I started thinking about how my comment could be taken the wrong way. Don't think I don't care, because I dooooo! Mike has been in our prayers all week. I hope things are ok! MWAH! maddy

Kerry said...

Maddy, you crack me up. No harm done, I knew you were teasing!! Now, if there wasn't a little winking guys next to your post, I might think differently. Haha! ;)

(love the winking smilie.)