Saturday, June 16, 2007

Scrap night with the girls = cheaper than therapy.

I have to be honest, Friday was not one of my better days. After pure exhaustion, broken promises and a couple other things, I was just feeling down. No short story version, sorry. (Hell that would take too long! Haha!)

So the timing of seeing some good friends on a scrap night couldn’t have been any better.

I know every now and then I throw in a gushy post about how lucky I am to have met some incredible people through a scrapbooking site. (Who would have thought!) Some I have met in real life and love, even though I don’t get to see them often because they live out of state, some I haven’t met in real life but email enough that I feel I would love them too, but the fact that there is this incredible little group of Phoenicians that I call my closest of friends. You know who you are.

We’ve all been through marriages, divorces, new babies, health issues, moving, good times and bad times, and all of that life stuff together for the years that we’ve known each other. It really is the most incredible of support systems.

The thing that made last night so great was that everybody was there. Lisa was able to come all the way down from Prescott, and I realized how much I really miss her funky sense of humor at these crops. Kaelene was supposed to be in California, but ended up being able to come. That girl is sharp! She says things out of nowhere that are just funny.

Shanna made me laugh harder than I have laughed in a long time (that girl can SCREAM!!) We went on a little shopping trip to a scrapbook store, and hit a drive through for some sodas on our way back to Beth’s house. Lisa was in front of us in her Prescott redneck Mack truck along with Michelle and Maddy. Shanna jumped out of her car and snuck up beside them and popped her head through the open window and let out this unnatural blood curdling scream. Resulting in Maddy crying, and I think Michelle peed a little. ;) I just sat back and watched the whole thing. Laughing my rear end off.

And Beth, always the best hostess. Plus she put U2 on for awhile. Enough said right there. She is awesome.

I kind of felt like I was sitting back and watching a movie about these people. Each one brings something in their personality that is different, to the table. Then it all meshes. It was just one of those nights when you realize how lucky you really are and I swear they all made me laugh myself out of a funk. Scrapping + good friends = priceless.

8 comments:

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

you know what they say... laughter is the best medicine. and it sounds like you had plenty of that!

i hope whatever was bothering you is better today!

Jamie said...

You guys always have so much fun. I wish I could come hang out with you! Glad your spirits are lifted and hope you have a great week. :)

Lisa said...

oh my gosh! i just relived that scream again in my head. ouch. i will get shanna back for that one!

oh--and who you callin' a redneck mack truck drivin' woman? girl--those fightin' words! and of course you summed up the evening much better than me! good times! i love you! marry me! ;)

Anonymous said...

Insert Bloood curdling scream here!

Yah......dems were good times!

Love yer guts girl!

laura said...

you guys are so cute! :) glad you had fun - hope this week has been a better one for you.

love ya! :)

Maddy said...

I had way too much fun last weekend! I'm so glad Lisa's going to come down every month! now we just have to keep Shanna here forever and we'll be good to go

PS I'm all caught up scrapbooking. WOO HOO!

Unknown said...

Great summary! And glad you enjoyed the U2! ;)

That was so much fun Friday night! Can't wait till the next one! ;)

SuburbanMom said...

That is so awesome! I really need to scrap again....