Thursday, June 28, 2007

my underprivileged children

OK, well I have to admit the title is a bit snarky, but it is my nod to an old neighbor of mine who seems to care A LOT about what my family is doing. And not in the good way. I hear gossipy tidbits from a few different people every now and then about this. She is worried that me and my kids never, NEVER get out of the house. Yeah, we're holed up here all the time. ;) But apparently this was the reason why Megan happened to be a little talkative during primary last Sunday. It couldn't have anything to do with her best friend sitting next to her.

Usually I don't give it a second thought, but as we were exiting the parking garage downtown last night, I was thinking about how we have been out every single day since summer began.
But counting from JUST last week alone our plans have included The Pointe, friends' houses, swim parties, various lessons, dinner at Chili's the night before last, and then last night we went to the circus. Oh, and I also took all three shopping since each one has a birthday party to go to this week.

Today Trevor is flying with his daddy. Which to him means that he'll get breakfast before the flight, and lunch somewhere else in the state later on. It's all about food to that little boy.

And let me just throw in here that my 4 year old has been on a cruise a year since birth.
Yeah, my kids never get out.

Little vent aside - (man, do you really know anybody who keeps tabs on your family more than their own????) we had tickets to the circus last night. This is one of the best little bonuses from the radio station.... we have had so many tickets to events over the years that really have spoiled us. Megan loved going before she could talk. She adored the elephants. And one performer named Bello, who was there again last night. We've grown up with Bello. He's cool.

It was a nice media event, where we were invited to a dinner at Cooperstown before the show. Then once inside the arena, we got to stand down on the floor and have about an hour of cool entertainment right in front of us. I think, even pretty horses aside, the favorite had to be these totally cool jump rope guys.

(I'm going to see if I can use the word cool at least 100 times today! Haha! Maybe that is wishful thinking since it is hotter than heck outside.)

I was going to take my camera, but it was pretty hot and I was hoping for a hands free evening. Cool.

Here is to keeping busy this summer, and I have yet to hear the first "I'm bored" of the season.

Which in a roundabout way reminds me that I'm actually pretty excited after going to Target yesterday, that the school clothes and uniforms are back out. It isn't that I'm looking forward to sending my kids off for school, but I really LOVE going clothes shopping with them. Oh, and those fabulous supply lists. I LOVE when you get to buy new crayons.

(also, and I know this is sick to be thinking about... but once the school supplies come out, then Target replaces that huge area with household items. Like the bulk paper towels, wipes and things.... then..... oh yes..... the household items are replaces by...... HALLOWEEN decorations!!!

Perfect little orange happy pumpkins!!!

Life is good. ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't even justify Mrs. Kravitz's nonsense with a response. Bigger question is.....who are these people that bring these tidbits of information to you? That's just hurtful and gossip. It's only meant to make you feel bad. So, when they report back to you, just blankly stare at them and say nothing. Nothing. It's an effective response. Trust me on this one.

Michelle said...

what mo said!

jen paddack-hyde said...

I dislike the "little tidbits" part of my community also...it's so small here that lots of people know your business. It's crazy the stuff Nate and I have heard about our relationship in the past 6 years...anyway...you know what's going on in your life...no need to justify anything to anyone else!

Dustin said...

Are you kidding me? Man, I hate people who nothing more to worry about than other people's lives!

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your summer! I was actually thinking about how quickly it has gone by for us as well, seeing as last year it lasted forEVVVVVER!

And I love the revolving target back section too! It doesn't change too much in the Spring it seems, so this is a sure sign that fall is coming!!! I can't wait to go stock up on crayons and buy a lunch box (I did buy Ellie the super cute navy uniform tennis dress from target)

OK, this is really long. . . maybe is someone would E-MAIL me once in awhile. . .

Unknown said...

Her reasoning doesn't make any sense at all. What a wench. ;)

Halloween is coming soon; I can feel it! :)

laura said...

i think i remember you talking about this neighbor when i was out last year. what a wench, indeed! i am tired just reading all that you guys have been doing! ;)

and i am LOL at the pumpkins!!!! :D

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

good grief. people are weird! don't let it get to you.

you sound like me... i'm ready for halloween. heh. just get summer over with already!