Monday, June 11, 2007

a little layout, and the sopranos happily ever after



This is my totally inspired by Karla Dudley page. (She is SO awesome!! check her out!) I had these photos from awhile ago, and they were just kind of sitting in their folder on the computer.

I saw a page of hers with the Basic Gray paper, and that incredible little sentiment: The most precious of offerings. It was perfect. I had done a page about Trevor giving me flowers at about the same age, and that line just sums it all up. Just about every mom has a moment like this, when a little one brings you a fist full of flowers or pretty weeds.

***********

I'm still thinking about the Sopranos today. I admit when the ending came my first response was to yell at the dog or somebody who had to have accidentally pushed a button on the remote to make the screen go black. I wonder how many other people across the country yelled, "NOOOOO!" at the same time, thinking that the cable had gone out or something.

What an ending. At first I felt kind of angry that everything wasn't all tied up in the end. There were, and are still so many questions. But... that is part of what made that show so good. You had to think a lot while you were watching it. My theory is that Tony and family are all just fine. Like the song on the jukebox in the end: Don't stop believing... Life goes on and on and on....

you know. I could go on forever with talking about it, the little hints that could go both ways (that Tony was killed, or the whole family was killed) but I admit that I like Tony. I want them to all just be a normal family. I'm beginning to think the ending was perfect because you could interpret it anyway you wanted if you thought about it enough. And let's face it, if it had ended in any other way people would be arguing that it wasn't what should have happened. Nobody would be perfectly happy with the ending. Just like people are saying that they expected more when Phil was whacked. Now see, I thought that was pure genius. Mike and I even had to rewind it a few times to enjoy it over and over. Violent... but funny. And the guy deserved it! "Pop!"

My only complaint about the entire show was that I wish Paulie would have whacked the cat!

6 comments:

Maddy said...

You are a scrapping FOOL! I love it :)

And sorry, i don't watch the Soprarnos, so I can't sympathize with you

Jamie said...

Awwww... that's the sweetest LO ever. So cute. I swear, Kerry someday you are going to actually inspire me to start scrapping again.

Sorry about the Soprano's but I hear a lot of people didn't quite get the ending.

laura said...

sorry kerry - but we were like WTH over here watching the sopranos. pretty weak... :P

and i LOVE LOVE LOVE that layout!! it is just the sweetest! karla is awesome, isn't she?

Unknown said...

I think WTF?! was the general reaction for Sopranos last night. Not a watcher, but that's what I've heard, anyway... ;)

Love that layout!!

Lisa said...

love that layout kerry!! beautiful! yeah--well i am the lone person that shouted out COOL when the tv went black! i thought it was an awesome ending! but then i'm a freak!

Michelle said...

Love that layout! It's really quite perfect :)