Tuesday, June 05, 2007

some cards.




Nevermind my last post about my clean desk. It's a mess now. I bought these really cute Lil' Davis chipboard things. I love them. I love them so much I have been hoarding them and afraid to use them on anything. Why is that?? So, I figured I would make some cards with them. I mean a package of them is only $2, it was good therapy for me to lighten up and go ahead and use them.
Plus I have a good reason. I have a small tower of plasticware in my kitchen. All clean. All from last week when people were bringing us dinner. Now I know that they are the 'disposable' kind. You know, the Ziplock ones, but you still can't get yourself to throw them away. So I would imagine somewhere in the back of the minds of the people who brought dinner they would be thinking, "I hope she brings those back!"
So along with the plasticware, I wanted to make some thank you cards. These women deserve the time it takes to make them because everything was wonderful and they took a huge burden off of my shoulders last week.
Man, now my desk looks like Lisa's. ;)

7 comments:

Maddy said...

OH MY GOSH! So cute! I love them! And WOW for getting your thank you cards out so quickly. I am impressed.

Saw your comment on my blog and you've got mail :)

you're a blogging fool! I love it :)

Lisa said...

great cards!! i love them! i'm joining michelle in an ass kicking with the plastic stuff!!!

Kerry said...

LMAO!! I might return your plastic containers, but I swear I have a purple bowl that belongs to you Michelle!

See, now if it's pretty.... I keep it! Hahahaha!

I didn't realize I had it until before Mike went to the hospital. he used it and said, "Purple? That is so UN you!" Then I realized that it wasnt' my bowl! Oops.

(I think it is the one when Beth did the mad dash down her street in flip flops, and it ended up in MY car.)

Michelle said...

LOL Kerry, Is it the one that's really heavy and has a raised design on it?

I love(d) that bowl. LOL

Michelle said...

aaaww...yes...how much I love the memory of watching beth chase me down the street, at midnight, in her flip flops, screaming "stoooop" while carrying a bowl of crack that was 2 times the size of her head and probably weighed more than her smallest child. And there I was, speeding away, window down, tunes up, mocking her saying, "huh? what??? that's not mine. And I don't really even see you running down the street right now"

dems were good times :)

Jamie said...

Kerry they are all SO cute. Congratulations on using a 'hoarded' item. I do that all the time.

Anonymous said...

YAY Kerry! So glad to see you using your stash!!!!