Wednesday, January 02, 2008


It’s funny that June mentioned in my last post that she missed seeing pictures. I got super lazy about posting them for awhile. Then I see on Karla’s blog a little challenge she’s doing this year. It is based on this:

http://photojojo.com/content/tutorials/project-365-take-a-photo-a-day/

I actually did this last year even though I never posted a photo on my blog everyday, but I took some sort of picture every day. (Usually frustrating my family at some point when they'd have to wait for me or be the subject of a photo!)
Even though I’ve already technically missed a day, I’ll see how long I can keep this going this year. I like that it doesn’t always have to be a fancy or artistic photo. I carry my camera around with me constantly (except today, grr, but that’s a whole different story.)
I love wreaths. This is the one that is currently on my front door. They are cherry blossoms. Sure, not exactly fall or even winter-ish, but I love it and I wasn't ready to change it yet. I'm sure this will change at some point this year. I usually end up with at least three a year.
So why I forgot my camera today.
I took the kids to the zoo, since they are still on winter break and we all needed a day out of the house. Today was perfect. The weather was ideal. I even had my camera with me but decided to leave it behind because I wanted today to be one of those days where I was involved in what we were doing and not worrying about taking pictures.
Of course, the zoo was almost empty. I don't know why more people weren't out, but at least 100 times today I thought to myself, "Dang, I wish I had my camera!" Even the animals were active today. And not that I am a great photographer by any means but I feel like I'm always seeing shots in my mind. Thanks to Mr. Castelli and years of photography in high school for planting that seed. Sometimes it can make you crazy!

3 comments:

Maddy said...

GASP! A picture ;p And what happened to your red Christmas wreath? What is wrong with you?

I know I owe you some VERY LONG e-mails. Don't hate me for catching up on blogs. Tonmorrow the plan is laying around and sitting on our butts so hopefully I'll find some time to e-mail you.

My parents don't have a laptop and Dustin is actually WORKING on his -- loser. Anyway, this has turned into an e-mail now, so maybe I should tell you about all the fun things we've been doing.

HAHA! I feel like I'm on your answering machine now! MWAH!

jen paddack-hyde said...

I am constantly forgetting my camera these days...need to start taking it everywhere again. LOVE that wreath! I think I'm going to try the photo a day thing too...

laura said...

wow! i am impressed that you did a pic a day last year! i lasted about 2 months - tops!

love your wreath - it's very springy. sorry you didn't have your camera at the zoo, but it sounds like you had a great time!