Friday, January 25, 2008


Remember the Poseidon Adventure?
** a little trivia for you too.... the original was partially filmed on the Queen Mary, so believe it or not this all ties together perfectly with my earlier post. ;)
So... back to the Poseidon Adventure.
The ship is happily going on, going across the ocean. Everybody is happy (on an even keel) and then BAM out of nowhere that rogue 800 foot wave comes along and hits the ship turning it upside down. This is when I stop watching because :
a) the acting is so bad in this movie
b) I can't handle Ernest Borgnine, Red Buttons or Shelley Winters. Let alone in ONE film. (But I do love Leslie Neilson, even though his part isn't funny like you'd expect from the cool guy in Airplane!)
c) I only watch it to catch a glimpse of the Queen Mary.
How does this go with my other post? Well, remember that whole even keel thing? Yeah, personal growth and all that is still on an even keel. I still know you can't make somebody like you, toxic relationships are bad, etc.
BUT a wave has hit my little personal ship of life. A rogue wave has come along and swept my little boat upside down. Long story, but I can't help but laugh a little after feeling like I had become so 'self aware' just a week or so ago! Life is funny. Really. Did I jinx things by actually hitting "publish post" after writing about finding balance and even keels?!?!? Honestly, answer that because I am actually superstitious enough to wonder. Like waiting for the proverbial 'other foot to drop.'
Life should be like the lifeboats. Which are totally made out of unsinkable material. (So why isn't the entire ship made out of the same materials as the lifeboats? Cruise humor thanks to some comedian on a Princess cruise.) You might get knocked around on rough water but you aren't going to sink.
I promise that I am not going for pessimist of the year, I just kind of have to find some humor in the irony. :) And soon..... yep, I'll be back and even again.

7 comments:

Maddy said...

Ha ha! I love your picture. It made me laugh when I saw it and I immediately knew what you were talking about.

Hey, you know what will make you happy? Sparkle trees!

Kerry said...

Sparkle trees and cherries!!!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

I've not seem the movie, but I have the remake in my blockbuster queue.

I'm sorry that something (someone?) is causing you stress. I've been there myself the last couple weeks.

Hang in there!!! Bono loves you :)

Kerry said...

and I love bono! LOL! Sue, that made me laugh!

Sorry you've been going through crap too. What is with the beginning of this year for everyone?!

Kaelene said...

Those sparkle trees ARE cool!
I hope things get better, Kerry!

Qwendykay said...

Oh Kerry, I hate when you become self aware and then BAM... life throws some hurdles.

I'm rooting for you!

laura said...

well, i love you and i missed you soooooo much this weekend! i hope you are ok!