Thursday, January 03, 2008

Matthew on safari at Costco



Today we cross the mountanous landscape of gallon size mayonaise jars and 50 pound boxes of laundry detergent in search of the rare and illustrious kirklandius aqua bottleus.

Plus a few other things. ;) This was our exciting trip to Costco today. I don't know why Matthew got himself dressed in safari gear today. He even has khaki cargo shorts on that you can't see in the picture, - but the fact that I told him to go get dressed and he listened was enough for me to overlook fashion choices that he made.

Now that I think of it, there must have been something going on because Megan came downstairs dressed like J Lo. I must have missed that today was 'dress as some sort of character day.'

As much as I love having the kids home for vacation, I forget how much I really do hate needing to take all three with me when we need to go to Costco. They don't seem to understand that if you want beef jerky, you can get it in smaller amounts at the grocery store. Then some sort of argument follows with, "But I promise to eat all 5 pounds of it! It won't go to waste!" Along with the bag of 50 rolls and the vat of applesauce.

maybe someday when they are teenagers and are eating nonstop, but for now we'll stick to our Costco staples.

5 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

I love his outfit...lol:) We had to stop going to Costco becasue it's just the three of us...talk about things going to waste:P

Unknown said...

Please tell me Megan wasn't wearing a green dress... ;)

Kerry said...

It was a green sequined tunic length top. With jeans. Am I missing some J Lo reference.

(I so need a new keyboard. Too many keys don't work anymore!)

Kim said...

kerry love your pic! funny about costco! same thing here! dangerous to send my husband!

Maddy said...

I want to go to Costco now! What cool new stuff do they have!