Thursday, January 10, 2008

POTD



This is the first thing I see as I come into my house from the garage. It is a wall that divides the kitchen from the hallway. This is two of two wreaths that I have. I know I said I loved wreaths, but they aren't all over the place. This one was just lucky enough to be photographed shortly after my door wreath.

The framed thing above is a present from Maddy. She's so artistic! Not only did she make the glass in her backyard kiln out of beach sand she brought back from the Carribbean, she also whittled the wood for the frame out of an old redwood tree from a recent visit to Oregon. I believe the black color comes from the ink of the large squid that she wrestled aboard the fishing boat in Mexico. I told you the girls had skills that makes Martha Stewart look like a crafting chump. ;)

Seriously, of all of the little nooks and places to put pictures up, this is one of my favorite little areas of my home.

As far as other things going on right now, I'm still trying to reclaim my house after the holidays. This has been the first week of the kids being back at school after their vacation, and we are all trying to get used to not being able to sleep in anymore. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and all this time i thought maddy picked those up at the dollar store! lol

Anonymous said...

And Maddy is so modest about her skills! LOL
Kaelene

Maddy said...

Wow, you're friend Maddy must be AWESOME!

Qwendykay said...

I'd love to see Maddy & Martha go at it in a Craftiness Smackdown...

I'd put $10 on Maddy