Tuesday, December 26, 2006

breathe in... breathe out....

Today has been a great day! It helped that I slept in until 10:00, which I really needed after yesterday.

Mike and Trevor went out of town overnight. Trevor has been asking Mike if he would take him flying, and he promised him that as soon as he was on winter break he would. Tonight they are going to see a movie and out to dinner. I heard from Trevor and he sounds like he is having a really good time spending some one on one time with his daddy.

Megan, Matthew and I went out and did a little shopping. I wasn't planning on being out today, but they both had gift cards that were burning a hole in their pockets. Matthew had a Target card and knew what train he wanted. There has also been a baseball hat that he has been eyeing every time we go. Funny enough it is a Michigan hat. We have never been in Michigan, let alone near it. But to him it is blue (his favorite color) and has a big yellow 'M' on it for Matthew! Several times today people would ask us if we were visiting from Michigan. LOL!

Then we went to use up Megan's giftcard. It was for her favorite store... Justice. She had been wanting a net canopy thing that goes over her entire bed. She knew that is what she was going to spend her card on . Happily, it was 30% off! Yay! Plus, she found a shirt that she fell in love with that was on clearance. I figured I would go ahead and get it for her anyway. We go up to pay for everything and a woman who had been in earlier had spent so much that she earned several Fun Cards. These are cards that you get when you spend over $50. They can then be used on your next purchase over $20, and they are worth $10 off. We were a lucky recipient of a nice random act of kindness. Megan got both her canopy and her shirt for the value of her giftcard. She was so happy that she was able to buy both of the things that she wanted all by herself.

Then we went out for dinner at Chili's, and are planning on a girl night tonight complete with doing nails and watching Cheaper By The Dozen together. Matthew has been playing with all of his new toys, so it has been pretty quiet and relaxing. It just feels so good. I think this is the best part of the Christmas season. It feels like things are kind of back to normal, and we are able to spend time together since the kids have a couple of weeks off.

Finally, it feels like I can exhale! Now if I can just reclaim my family room by taking the tree down!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's kind of like Christmas day is two days isn't it? Like the morning with the climax of MONTHS (or for me, minutes) of preparation and hard work with the opening of presents and eating candy at 7am.

Then the afternoon, which followed the much necessary NAP. For me it's like the afternoon is a completely new day where I want to go out and BE NORMAL and shop and party and stuff. But can't cuz nothing is open ;)

Kerry said...

I KNOW!! I wanted to go out and do something too! (After the nap) Funny how that is.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been having fun! i can't wait to reclaim my living room. right now it is home to all things train.

and i love snuggling my kids. nate is actually lounging on me watching Cars while ellie and my sister are out.

I love holiday relaxing.