Thursday, December 07, 2006

early resolutions



Oh there is no hiding it. You know what that picture says. Especially if you are an addict like me. ;)

I haven't had a soda today. One morning down doesn't seem like much, but when that is the first thing I need in the morning, you KNOW what a big deal it is!

With Christmas shopping I have also rediscovered the mall. And clothing stores. Somewhere along the way, after baby number 2, I stopped having any sense of style. I used to be a Gap girl, Eddie Bauer, etc. kind of girl. I wasn't totally trendy, but I had a little somethin' somethin' going on. Then I got lazy and into the habit of buying a new tshirt whenever I would need to go to Target to pick up diapers.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but you know what I mean. My comfort zone is ONLY that by now. I realized the other day when I needed something a little more dressy, that I really don't have anything! Except formal stuff left over from cruises. Plus according to one pea, I am a frumpy mom. Apparently I need to run out and buy myself a pair of kitten heels. ;)

Yesterday I found a ton of stuff on clearance at Dillard's. (See, the best part of living in Phoenix is all of the summer stuff is on clearance, but we wear that stuff year round because of the weather! It's all about the LAYERS. Why can't I say that without thinking of Donkey and parfaits? Everybody loves parfaits!)

I was so happy that I actually found several things that came home with me. But it was staring at myself in the mirror that hit me. I NEED to do something. The thing is, and I have known this for awhile, that I don't really take care of myself. I don't eat well. I eat ... pretty much crap. A coke and a pop tart makes a great breakfast right? Somehow I don't think I am setting the best example for my kids either. Bad mommy.

So I'm going to give this a try again. Baby steps. To eat better. I am starting it now instead of January, because if I do that I know I am setting myself up for failure. I'm one of those that comes up with New Years resolutions and never follows through. Unless that resolution is to drink more coke or eat more chocolate!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss the mall! Glad you found some cute stuff, but I'm jealous you're shopping!

Good for you for setting a New Year's Goal! I cannot wait to get this baby out and fit into normal clothes again.

Anonymous said...

good for you Kerry. I think I need to follow in your footsteps:):)

Anonymous said...

Kerry I could have written your post word for word!
Now that I'm home I'm at a total loss on what to wear...suits and dresses & heels just don't really fit in at home :)

Let's do the new years goal together--I need to drop about 30 pounds so let's get going!

Kim said...

hey kerry so wierd that you posted that. i just started the samething today! no diet coke! good luck!

Anonymous said...

good luck, my friend. i know how hard this is!