Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy new year, and happy one year anniversary!

I was the LAST person that I ever expected to start a blog. I used to look at Maddy's and think she was SO cool and so computer savvy. Far from this computer illiterate girl who pretty much only knew how to surf 2Peas. Believe it or not, I actually was the one who found out how to start one myself. Usually Mike is the first person I ask when I need help with something computer related, but I remember he came home from being out and I showed him what I was able to do. I was so darn proud of myself! I still ask him for a lot of technical help, but hey...I'll get there.

The coolest thing is being able to go back an entire year and see such random things. A lot of them I never would have scrapped, and since I don't keep a regular journal to write in everyday, so many of these little reandom things I know I would have forgotten if I didn't blog about them. (It was also fun to watch my ticker count down to Halloween!)

Sometimes I just type out something that I think is funny that my kids say, sometimtes I write about something that is heavy on my mind. I love that I am able to keep it all in one place.

I also like that I can share with my friends, and it has been an incredible way to keep up with what is going on in their lives too. It has been a cool way to keep in touch.

It also reminds me that I CAN put together a complete sentence without pausing or grasping, "What is that word again???" You know, that mysterious thing that happens after childbirth that turns you into a ... oh whats the word.... the one who can't remember words.....

I hope that someday my kids can see what our everyday life was like, and hopefully be able to see growth in the way that I think.

Happy anniversary blog! And HAPPY NEW YEAR to everybody!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you, too!!

And congrats on one year. Although I've been slow at checking blogs lately (and updating!), it wouldn't be the same for me to sit by the computer and catch up with my friends each day. So glad we're able to keep up with each other this way!

Psst- now lose the word verification! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you Kerry. Your computer savviness has really improved. I'm glad you post as often as you do.

And Beth: I turned off word verification for Kerry.

Happy 2007!

Mike

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mike!! :)

Kerry said...

Yeah well... I could have figured out how to turn it off ya know. ;)

Anonymous said...

yay mike!!! i do not *heart* word verification! ;)

happy blog anniversary, and happy new year! :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

i do not even know what word verification is!! HA HA

happy new year!