Sunday, December 24, 2006

I think they are ready!!!


The kids cracked me up today. They are SO excited about tomorrow morning. We have the same conversation pretty much every year.

In our other house that didn't have a fireplace, they would ask how Santa got in to leave presents.

"He has a key."
"Well, then how does he not set off the alarm?"
"He has the alarm code."

The past two years we have had a fireplace. Much to their relief because it has to be easier for Santa. Although, one problem... our fireplace is in an outdoor atrium in the middle of the house. So poor Santa still has to have an alarm code to get in. Things must have been much easier in the days when people left their doors unlocked. I don't think our kids can fathom that, and worry so much about santa being able to make it into everybody's houses on Christmas Eve.

I caught them today making sure that everything is clear for tonight. LOL!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so so cute!!

Merry Christmas my friend!!

Michelle said...

In our house, where there are not fireplaces, Santa is "magic" LOL Thank GOD my kids don't ask more than that.

I love the pic. Can't wait to see it scrapped. Hey? Maybe we can scrap together :)

Merry Christmas girly!!!! Love ya! :)

Lisa said...

merry christmas!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, Kerry!
I love that photo- too cute! In our house, Santa comes through the sliding glass door. It's worked for nine years, so why change now? ;)

Anonymous said...

that is so cute!!

merry Christmas kerry!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, kerry - i LOVE that picture! i saw this cool little santa key that you could buy if you didn't have a fireplace. maybe you could say that the magic key also turns off the alarm... lol!