Thursday, January 04, 2007

head vs. heart

I am not allowed to go to Petsmart ever again.

Last night after dinner we went to Petsmart to get some food for the cats. First of all, Megan and I head over to the horse stuff. I miss having a horse sometimes, and just the feel of picking up a bridle or running my hand over a saddle just FEELS GOOD.

Then over to look at the kitties. (You know, because it really isn't a store, to the kids it is an indoor zoo where you have to go look at all the animals, fish, birds.....) OK, so I KNOW I don't need anymore cats. Remember me? The one who used to hate cats? Well there was a big yellow tabby named Benjamin. He looked like Morris from the old commercials. He was cool. I had to be strong. No more cats.

Then a little yellow lab puppy that was supposed to be in the training class comes running up to me with total cuteness. Mike and I have said that when our current crabby dog is gone, we will get a lab. Not that we are hoping for anything to happen to missy, we are just planning you know.

I get over the giddy little puppy and Mike finds me. He tells me about this woman who was getting rid of a 3 month old black lab puppy. Oh noooo. Please don't tell me that. Mike and I kind of looked at each other, kind of like a staring contest to see which one was going to give in or be the sensible one. I wanted to give. I was this close to giving. A lab puppy??? CUTENESS!

Then I realized how little time I have as it is. A dog let alone a puppy takes so much time right now. I finally had to be the hardass and say we didn't need a dog. Especially if Mike is going to be gone for lengths of time.

So, I am never going there again. There is way too much temptation.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I hear ya. that place is dangerous.

way to STAY STRONG SISTER! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't handle it either...I want to take all the kitties home. And Alex usually ends up crying because we won't get more cats (we have 2 already in a small 2 bed house)

so yah! I don't go there anymore.

Anonymous said...

i love labs! do you have the woman's number? seriously--i have totally thought about getting max a playmate even though it took me a while to get used to him! HA i was in petsmart today but no cute puppies thank heavens!!! i would have caved i know!

SuburbanMom said...

Oh no! how cute :)

And I agree, 2peas has changed. Everyone just looks for an opportunity to pounce.

I don't think I'm going to go there anymore. Why don't you guys start up a new MB? "A better, happier place?" ;)

Anonymous said...

Can't get a dog til we get to Mississippi. My girls are counting the days for that reason!

Unknown said...

Oh, Kerry- how could you pass it up? Labs are such sweetness and goodness (and sometimes stinkiness, but I digress). You NEED a lab!

There's a litter of yellows due next month from my friend's people. I'm on the list for one...

Kerry said...

Oh beth, don't get me started on the yellows!! Those are my favorite. In fact, if this one was yellow I probably would have caved and taken it home.

Jamie said...

Kerry you have to stay strong. They are really cute until they do their business on your carpet. Then, they are quite so cute.

Anonymous said...

our petsmart only does kitties. that is hard enough. but i am pretty sure that darren would divorce me if i brought another animal into this house! ;)