Monday, January 22, 2007

work in progress.


What a FABO weekend! Me and the girls headed up to Prescott for a scrap getaway at Lisa's house. As always, she is such a great host. Yummy food, and her house is GORGEOUS! Not to mention, there was snow on the ground, and little snow flurries when we went out to do a little shopping at her scrapbook store up there.

We left early on Saturday morning and Beth and I stopped to get all of the road trip necessities. Sodas, Starbucks, and pastries. It was just four of us this time, so we all were able to ride in one car.

Maddy was missing this year, but she had a pretty good excuse. She had her baby! Congratulations Maddy! Now I am expecting her to bring Sadie with her to the next crop so I can do some serious baby holding.

And Kaelene! She had a good excuse too! She got married! Wow. A lot of changes going on in our little group right now. Congratulations to her too!

Believe it or not, we all actually got quite a bit accomplished. I started 3 pages that I need to still do journaling on and add all of the fun stuff until they are complete. To me that is the best part, when you are almost done and you already have the foundation of the layout. I didn't have all of the embellishment stuff with me, so that is why I am finishing the pages up here.

It is always fun to spend time with these girls. Especially the amount of time that we got to spend together over this weekend. If a road trip doesn't tear you apart because you can't stand the thought of spending another minute with the people you are stuck with, it brings you closer together. (It was the latter with these girls by the way....) They all crack me up, and the things we talk about are equally funny. I love that scrapbooking has helped me to meet these people. I am lucky to have such great friends. (A little weird at times, but I love them anyway.) ;)

******

On another note.... but still going with the road trip theme.....

if you haven't seen Little Miss Sunshine. DO. NOW. I am always at the tail end of seeing great movies anymore since I rarely make it to the theaters unless it is a kid's movie. So when this came out on pay per view I couldn't wait to see it. OH MY GOSH. I can't even explain it. It is just an incredible movie. Every emotion...laughing so hard, then crying, then you just want to go squeeze your family at the end. (Also for me, it made me miss my VW even more!)

So another week begins.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Kerry,
You always inspire to me to get scrapping. I love all the work showcased in you slide show. Sounds like you guys had a blast!

Anonymous said...

so fun to see you!!! this weekend was a hoot! glad you all drove up to see me--it was so fun!! your layouts were beautiful! can't wait to see them finished!!!

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see them finished too!

It was a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for our summer one.

oh and um....lisa? Can we come in the summer??? :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys had a blast! :)

oh yeah, little miss sunshine was all about the vw! :D

Kerry said...

Laura!! The stuck horn made me laugh. That was one of my favorite parts. I about cringed when the door fell off too.

Unknown said...

It was a blast and a half!