Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Wheeeeeee!

Another day of not much going on. T man is home sick again today. We had a lot of good snuggly couch time yesterday, and today looks like it will be the same. Which is ok because it is overcast and drizzling. Add to that one 6 year old who smells like strawberry shampoo, and dressed in one fuzzy cozy robe.


This past weekend Mike and I went flying up to Laughlin. It was a date night, and we went up just for dinner. We went in this really cool plane that Mike calls the 'mini cooper' of airplanes. It is small, but really fun to fly in, and Mike says just as fun to fly. I'll take his word for that!

We had a nice dinner up there and then headed home.

Coming into Phoenix from the direction that we were coming was so pretty. You can actually see the glow of Phoenix at night from so far away. When you finally come up on it, it is just gorgeous. - Mike had called in to get permission to do a touch and go at Sky Harbor airport. That was FUUUUUN! We came in behind a 737, and I loved being out there with all of the big planes. We landed and then went right back up again. I have to say that I admire those air traffic controller people. They are the masters of multi tasking. When you realize they are talking to you, plus all of the other planes up there getting them lined up to land. The neatest thing was when we were taking off from there, and I looked back. All of the planes that were getting ready to land looked like fireflies. It was cool.



our ride for the day -

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry,
I hope your little one feels better soon.

I love hearing your adventures of flying away for the day. That sounds like so much fun.

My DH went flying w/ his friend last Saturday. DH brought home a bunch of brochures on getting his pilot's license. I'm NOT digging that idea. :P

Kerry said...

I didn't like it at first either Jamie, but after being thrown into it (flying) I am MUCH better about it all the way around.

Who knew turbulence could be so fun? ;)

Anonymous said...

your plane ride sounds both exciting and nauseating at the same time...I don't do well on small planes:)

Unknown said...

Even though I wouldn't go up there, ;) I love your plane posts!

Anonymous said...

great pics!! how fun for you two. you know david is always asking for a touch and go himself!! HA HA

lisa