Friday, January 26, 2007

Nothing exciting going on here. Which sometimes is good. Especially after picking up the kids at school today. I came around the corner to get into the pick up line and there was a fire truck with lights on (Our favorite truck # E252) I have to say that is the worst feeling in the world, and I know that every parent who came around that corner had the same thought as me:

Please don't be my child. Not that you want anybody's children to be hurt or sick enough for the fire department to be called, but it is such a sinking feeling when you don't know what is going on.

I don't know the whole story, but apparently the little girl is fine. But it just makes me happy to say that 'nothing exciting is going on here today.'

Well, maybe one thing... and I am totally giddy. :) New couches. Mike and I picked some out this morning. I absolutely cannot wait, even though I am trying so hard not to think about them since they won't be here until the middle of February. I have to agree with Matthew who didn't understand why you go to a store and don't come home with them. I want them now! But I have to be patient. Which I am not so good at. ;)

I love being a homeowner. Isn't it funny how some things that used to be so mundane are so exciting once you have a house? Like couches... and rocks. You know, after going through the landscaping process I know a little bit about boulders. Big rocks are EXPENSIVE. I drive by other houses, or shopping centers that have huge boulders and I know that a big old rock probably cost several hundred dollars to over a 1,000 for one about the size of my youngest child.

And how in the world did it end up to be Friday already????

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! Boulders are expensive! And there are so many other fun things to spend money on; it hurts to spend the bucks on something we could go pick up in the desert if we had the ambition. ;)

But I have to say- I lurve my rock out front. We've gotten many comments on it, and our landscaper was so stinkin' proud of himself when he found it. Whoever thought we'd get excited about rocks?

Have fun when your new couches get there! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

oh--i can't wait to see your couches! how fun. oh--we have some guys up here--we call them the "rock mafia" anyway--you wouldn't believe--all our boulders we got from them--they would deliver an entire truck bed full for $250. see--good things up here in prescott!!!

lisa

Kerry said...

I bet I know where those rocks come from! LOL! You know that road that goes past Skull Valley and Peeple's Valley? Into Yarnell and down to Wickenburg? I know they get a lot of the boulders from up there. I used to see the flatbed trucks going through town down to Phoenix all the time.

Good rocks up there! For sure!

Anonymous said...

I want to hear more about the couches. Are they leather? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh! New couches! Can't wait to see them. Color? Fabric? Pictures???

Maddy

Kerry said...

I am laughing so hard at your comment Jamie!! I told Mike your Lysol boy story when we were at one of the stores! Then how you got reamed for having $4000 couches! I'll never forget that day on the good ol NSBR!