Sunday, July 29, 2007




Beth will appreciate this post. What do you do when you are down by the airport and have time to kill? Go to Air Lane.

Beth and I were talking about this on the way to California. About how Mike and Sean (unknown to each other) would like to go to the airport around 4:00 in the afternoon to watch British Airways land at Sky Harbor. Admittingly, it is really cool!

We talked more about this, and how we both would be down there feeding our babies in the car while we watched the planes land. Apparently we've both been doing this for years. I wonder how many times we were probably next to each other in that parking lot not knowing each other! Haha!

So since the weather was perfect, and had cooled down quite a bit, we decided to go watch the planes. I think this is the big city's version of cow tipping.

4 comments:

laura said...

lol at the cow tipping! ;)

i love watching planes at the airport.

hope you had a great weekend! :)

Unknown said...

We haven't watched planes in sooo long. I may have to mention it tomorrow for something to do. :)

Unknown said...

I'm sure we talked about this- but do you guys rate the landings? We judge on scale of 1-10 based on smoothness and how level the wheels are at touch-down. ;)

Am I showing my dorkside?

Kerry said...

Nope, not showing your dork side. We do the same thing! Only now I get it with the total "pilot package." He starts talking about flaps, numbers and a whole slew of things that make no sense to me. Haha!