Tuesday, July 10, 2007

swim lessons - that are actually WORKING this time!



<--- This is Matthew before a swim lesson, wishing that the waterslide was going.

We started a two week session of swim lessons yesterday. So every morning for the next couple of weeks we'll be hanging out at the pool.

Great for the kids, but I almost want to sign myself up so I have an excuse to jump in too. Pools always look sooooo inviting!

So far so good. I think the biggest part of swimming lessons is overcoming that fear of water. (Ask my poor mom who had to take me to the Y, and I'd scream the entire time. Not to mention bloody fingertips because I had a death grip on the side of the pool. Sorry mom.)

All three are wanting to become good swimmers because they are totally enthralled with watching the diving class. It has been a long time since I've actually seen a real diving board, with huge springs and all. That was my favorite part of summer!!! (Eventually I did overcome that water fear and screaming and was on a swim team from 6 years old to 10. I remember hanging out at the pool and using the diving board a lot.)

Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have some pictures of my olympiad level swimmers. ;)

4 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

I totally miss that about Arizona...I spent every summer at the pool in lessons. We don't have that option here in Monterey...it's so foggy:P And the only pool is inside and it is so CHLORINATED:P

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

oh fun!! and i'm right there with ya about jumping in yourself. it's sooo hot here today. (i'm sure it's hotter where you are, but i prefer snow!!!)

Anonymous said...

You know the joke around our house don't you? I swear, I think we've spent about $5,000 in swimming lessons for Chelsea. Over the span of many years. Yes, she can swim but what it took to get there you don't wanna know. Gulp.

laura said...

yeah - swimming lessons didn't go so well for us this year - your description of your lessons at the Y sound familiar... i hope i get an apology from my kids someday! :P

glad your kids are doing well! lucky! ;)