Wednesday, July 11, 2007

OK! I surrender!!


After trying to fight it the past several months, and surrendering because of severe exhaustion, I have decided that it is a worthless point to try to keep up with this house.

I'm waving the white flag.

I'm not going to let it go and live in filth, but I feel like if I spend one more hour cleaning up the kitchen I am going to scream.

I think all three of my kids are going through growth spurts right now. I'm not kidding. About an hour after eating a big meal, they are hunting for snacks or asking when the next meal is. I'm just going to get a sign that says: Kitchen is closed.

Or just go eat poptarts!! ;)

Not to mention the constant pile at the foot at the stairs of stuff that needs to be brought up the next time somebody goes up them. Why do they feel like they need to relocate their rooms downstairs everyday?

Even though I have honestly enjoyed having the kids home from school, I can say that I think we're all ready for a change in our days. It is just hot. Plain old hot.

Matthew is starting kindergarten this year too, and keeps telling me how excited he is about going to a new school. Megan and Trevor are both missing friends and anxious about going back too.

I think I'll try and reclaim my house then.

*****
Swim lessons are going great. It is interesting how when the kids are learing something there is a moment where they just GET it. Trevor and Megan both had a day like that today. They were doing good, but today something made it to where they were both swimming like crazy. Like they've been doing it for years.

Matthew is doing well and I'm sure his day will be this week.

I'm actually thinking about putting Megan in the diving class during the next session. The boys have their lessons first, so Megan sits over by the dive pool and watches until her lesson starts. I have to say the kids in that class look like they are having so much fun. "Red shirt boy" as we call him is the most fun to watch. This kid does the coolest things off the board.

Stay cool.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

girl I've long since given up on my house. it's much...well dirtier now LOL

I don't believe you'll be able to live in the mess I do though. You're much too perfectionistic for the slob life ;) But good luck with that. I'd love to come to your house and see a SPEC of dirt or a sock on the floor. That would seriously make my day :)

Anonymous said...

Ryan is going crazy with excitement about starting kindergarten...we even got his backpack yesterday and he wanted to wear it around the mall!

I hear you about eating/cleaning up and them wanting to eat again.

I think the best part of preschool ending is me putting the tuition money toward a housekeeper.

Kim said...

okay kerry so glad to hear that! i'm feeling the same way! and i'm glad to know i'm not the only one with piles at the bottom of my stairs to go up. i also have piles at the top to go down:) i'm ready to have kids in school and be on a more consistant schedule!

Maddy said...

I'm waving my white flag too! Ever since I got back from vacation, I've been slacking. We're going to Gina's today just so she can feed my kids.