Monday, July 30, 2007

more...




I'm trying hard to get back into the groove. Here are a couple that I did over the past couple of days. The first one - scanned horrible. Everything is straight in real life. - and yeah, I'm probably one of a handful of people that hadn't done a "she" layout since they were popular a couple of years ago. Sometimes you just run out of things to say, you know? Just enough journaling anyway.
Journaling says:

SHE
is almost 9 years old,
has traded princesses for pop stars,
loves cute shoes and clothing,
is smart and kind,
is growing way too fast,
still and always my little girl,
beautiful.

I must have been in a brown mood. LOL, because seeing both of them together now, you can tell my new favorite cardstock! Doodlebug brown Bazzill.

Thanks to Michelle for letting me borrow her QK for the title on the second one. I think I saw the design in CK, but it's been so long I can't remember. It's one of those that just stuck in my head. Plus I never would have thought such a random photo would become one of my favorite pages. Here is the journaling:

THREE kids. SIX feet. THIRTY toes.

I can't resist kid feet. Or the opportunity to take a picture of them. I look at these feet and think about how little they all used to be. With each one of these feet I would sit during quiet times with them as babies and run my fingers across the toes. Or I would rub the bottoms of them with my thumb to soothe somebody when they were crying.

They became characters in stories. Our piggies didn't go to market, nooo! They went to Target and ate stuff like applesauce. Whatever would make each child giggle the most. They were also the best places to tickle!

Megan's feet were always covered with the newest of girly footwear. Trevor's were always without socks. (He always kicked those things off!) and Matthew's were play things which once discovered ended up constantly in his hands.







Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay...do some of your kids have toes missing??

6 feet is 30 toes right? I'm confused--but the layouts are divine!

Kerry said...

aww crap. That is what happens when I journal too late at night. Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?

LOL!

Will fix.

Kerry said...

It is because Trevor is hiding one of his feet in the picture. I'm going to blame it on him! Haha!

Thanks Karen! :)

Anonymous said...

no problem...I figured it was very late and you were sleep deprived and dreaming of a volkswagon :)

Lisa said...

great layouts!! so glad you're not my kids math teacher!! ha ha

laura said...

lmao at the toes! ;)

holy crap! um, what happened to megan?? she looks like she is about 25 in that picture!! :O so beautiful!

love the layouts!

Maddy said...

gorgeous as awlays you brat!


At least I can find comfort in the fact that you messed up the journaling. ;p

Unknown said...

Man- it's bad enough to have grammar and spelling police, but now we've moved onto math police? :P

Love the layouts! :)