Friday, July 27, 2007

She SCRAPS!




I had to dust off my scrap space. That is how long it has been since I've worked on anything. Pretty pathetic! This layout serves as getting my toes wet before I get to jump back in to scrapping when the kids get back to school! Woohoo! Summer hasn't been kind to scrapping, that's for sure. We've just been keeping busy, and I haven't been staying up as late.

The photo isn't very clear. Sorry about that. I have officially given up on my scanner. - And WHY does everything look all crooked and wonky????

I think I should get some sort of award for "weirdest place to find a scrap supply." That little transparent tag that says something about "It's ok to want one thing in life to be all about you." came from the bra I bought a few weeks ago. I just had to trim off the part that said that it was 'comfortable and supportive!'

Here is the journaling:

Some people covet expensive cars or fast cars. Me, I want something more practical. - and cute. While I appreciate those other kinds of cars, if I could have anything it would be a Volkswagen. I remember one day when I was little and lived in California. My mom took me to a grocery store with her and I got to pick out a toy. I found a cheap plastic VW Bug. It was orange with yellow bumpers. I loved it. I have had it for years.

Volkswagens have always been a favorite. I've always loved them and stared at them on the street. Mike surprised me with a Passat right before I had Megan. I LOVED this car. I honestly cried when I had to leave it at a car dealer when we needed to trade it in for something bigger since our family was growing into a family of 5. We just needed more space, and sadly my back needed the sliding doors of a van. I felt like I left a part of me at the car dealer. Part of my identity!

VW's are still part of our family's life. Mike has gone between VW's and Audi's for years, and we play Slug Bug (we call it punch buggy) but we have a certain point system for different Volkswagens. My kids laugh at me when I stop in a parking lot or squeal when I see one go down a street. New or old.

I have promised myself someday that when the kids are older and driving their own cars (which WILL be Volkswagens!) I will finally be able to get my own again. How can these not just make your soul happy?!?!

It's still early. Maybe one more page tonight. :)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

SUPER. CUTE. PAGE!!!!

laura said...

i love you! volkswagens are the BEST! i am thinking about selling my cabriolet so i can buy an old westphalia poptop...

you rock! ;)

Kerry said...

Oh no! Not the cabrio! I have the greatest memory of you driving through the parking lot after Opah, in the cabrio listening to Duran Duran!

But the westphalia poptop would SO TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!! - and I'd want a ride in it!

Lisa said...

great layout!! i love VW's too! are you sure you don't want the "thing?" ha ha david and i see those every once in a while!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

i laughed out loud at the bra tag! you're too funny.

i'm not a car person at all, but lately i've been seeing all the new monte carlo's and thinking how much i like them.

very cute layout!

Maddy said...

You've been scrapping? HOOKER!

Unknown said...

Haha- love where you found the supplies. Who knew?

Great layout!!