Sunday, July 22, 2007



Not much to say here. It is that time of summer where it is just long, and hot. We've been doing a lot of swimming. There is a great pool that we have been taking the kids to.

What a difference from last summer. Now that they can swim, it has really been fun. I still keep a watchful eye, but it doesn't feel as stressful as it used to be. Megan and Trevor both love going off the diving board, and Matthew has no fear of the water. He isn't ready for the diving board yet, but he loves to be thrown in the 6 foot deep part of the pool and push himself up back to the top again.

Just three more weeks until school starts! It is hard to believe.

It has been nice having Mike around as much as he has been. Since being officially employed by an airline, he's now waiting until he has to leave for training. So there has been some time where his only real responsibility is being here. The kids have totally loved having him home full time.

We've been doing a lot of things to keep us busy - shopping, going out to do things and storm chasing (what a storm last night!) Last night we went out for dinner and then to Gateway Airport and watched the storm come in. The lightning was intense, so we drove out that way. I haven't seen rain like that in a long time. It was so nice! And the temp was 73! Brr. ;)

Oh, and "naked man" which provided hours of laughing and entertainment.

We were in a new subdivision looking around, and this guy a couple of streets over had a 2 story house. Not sure what he was thinking, but I bet he was at Home Depot getting some blinds today. It was just one of those timing things. I looked across a few empty lots and saw him walk in front of a window. I'm sure he wasn't used to traffic being on the streets behind his house since they were still empty lots.

I told Mike, and then sure enough he walked in front of the window again. This time we all saw him, and Mike honked the car horn. The man looked and quickly shut off the light. It was hysterical. Little does this guy know that he made a story on my blog too. I giggle everytime wondering if he thinks we were there to check out our lot and we'll be his new neighbors. If that happened to me, I'd have to move. Sometimes you just have to be juvenile you know?

Friday night I also got to hang out with the girls at Maddy's house. What a fun night. Have I mentioned how much I love these guys? I think it is funny that was also the night Harry Potter came out, and I haven't heard from one of them since then. I bet they are still reading!

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Heeeeey! I'm ALIVE! Firday was super fun.

Last night we were driving home in the rain from Queen Creek and the kids were freaking out. they are so not used to rain.

So you're going to love this -- on the way home we get into a left turn lane over by Power Ranch and we pass a stranded kitty in the middle of the road, just cowering soaking wet. I actually got out of the car in the pouring rain and picked up the poor kitty and ran him to safety. I thought you'd be proud to know that I'm still a nice person -- even if I hate animals.

laura said...

glad i'm not the only one who storm chases! ;)

lmao at the naked guy! you are too funny.

Anonymous said...

Post some of your new layouts!
Careful out there stormtrooper. You're edgier than I thought! Do you have "gear"?