Saturday, August 04, 2007

it is getting closer!

The countdown is ON! Less than a week before a new school year. Today was a big day for Matthew. He had to go to the doctor to complete his shots, so he is all up to date. (Sad thing for a third child, not being as current as the first child always is! Do'h!) Mike met his teacher when he dropped off some paperwork and said that she is super nice. I just have a hard time picturing Matthew sitting at a desk, doing kindergarten stuff. I know he's ready though! I remember feeling that way with the other two also, so I know he'll be just fine. They just look so little when you send them off to kindergarten.

Megan and Trevor got their teacher assignments today. First of all, I think the way the school does this is nuts. It has been so stressful for so many kids to have to wait this long into the summer to find out. Starting a new school year is stressful enough, but this seemed to compound the anxiety level for a lot of kids.

Trevor was pretty happy with his teacher. She is the same one that Megan had in 2nd grade, and she is incredible. He will have a great year for sure. The sad thing is, all of his other friends from last year are in his class except for his absolute best friend. A little girl. They were inseparable last year.

Megan had a tougher time. Her best friends are in another class. She knows a couple of the girls in her class this year, so she'll be ok. She'll be able to see the other girls at lunch and at recess, but you know when you are that age and you have all of the 'dynamics' of different cliques and things to contend with. Man, I'd never want to go through all that again.

Now the biggest thing on her mind is what to wear the first day of school. Apparently it is make it or break it time.

Clothes for everybody, done. Bags and backpacks, done. Now I just need to go get the last of the stuff on the supply lists.

4 more days! The thing is, I'm not looking forward to getting rid of them. We've actually had a great summer with hardly any "I'm bored" proclamations. We've been super busy and going places. I am just looking forward to starting a schedule again, and I know they are ready to see friends. I'm going to miss having them around. I swear, once they start kindergarten the times seems to go by so much faster. I'm not going to blink.

7 comments:

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

wow, you guys start back early. school doesn't start here until after labor day. i'm not sure when they find out who their teachers are.

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

oh, and your layouts in the previous post are great!!!

jen paddack-hyde said...

Alex starts school on Monday...this year its all different...middle school...so different teachers for different subjects. It's going to be interesting:P

Last year her closest friends were in the other classroom and she managed to make a few new friends so it does sometimes work out:)

oh, and Alex...has her whole first wweks worth of clothes picked out...I guess she's feeling the make it or break it thing too...lol.

Lisa said...

well i hope school goes well for them all--especially the momma!

Michelle said...

I'm not going to blink. <----awww...that's perfect. LOVE IT!

I see a layout with that as a title...for one of MY pages, or course! :)

Unknown said...

Want to go to the movies one day this week? No kid movie, cause we won't have kids! :P

Anonymous said...

I'm with Michelle, on making a page with your "I'm not going to blink!" as a title!
I'm sure that you will make it through the days somehow! Isn't your Target shopping season starting soon?? LOL
Kaelene