Wednesday, August 08, 2007

First day of school: part 1





I promise the cheese factor will be way down this time. I'm feeling much better! We all made it through the FIRST day!

Mike took Megan and Trevor to their school, and I took Matthew to his school. Only because of it being the first day and there was a ton of stuff to carry and I wanted to make sure that Matthew had somebody with him before he starts just getting dropped off. It actually will work out perfectly in the morning. We drop Matthew off at his school with an earlier start time, then drive back to drop off the other two kids before their school starts.

Megan was up and dressed at 6:30. Shortly followed by Matthew. Trevor probably would have slept another couple of hours if we let him. He was excited, just not enough to lose sleep over.

After picking Megan and Trevor up from school they both have said this is going to be the best year ever! They were so happy to be back.

OK, so do you want to ask me what the last movie was that I saw in the theater? You know how that is always a question on blog tag. Go ahead... ask me!

The Bourne Ultimatum.

Yes. Mike and I went straight to the mall after dropping off the kids. I know, I cried, and then didn't waste a minute huh?

I loved the other two movies from this series, and when I saw the commercial for it I said, "I HAVE to see that!" I'm so glad I have even been able to see all three in a theater! Let me tell you, I had such a hard time walking after this movie because it is SO intense. I didn't realize that I had been sitting all bunched up and stiff the entire time until it was over. It's definitely a good flick.

Then we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. SO everybody had a great day. Tomorrow I am definitely staying home and getting my house clean. That is something that I just gave up on a couple of weeks before school started. I maintained it, but it's time for a deep clean.

I'm actually pretty excited about that. As sick as that sounds.

Below is Matthew's first day of school story.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Your kid copied my kid's outfit on the first day of school! :P

Yay for you for going to the movies! Glad you had a good day!

Kerry said...

LOL! I had to go look on your blog to see what you were talking about!

I think all Megans/Meghans must have similar brains! We bought that shirt in the middle of the summer and she's been saving it for the first day! How funny is that!?

jen paddack-hyde said...

awesome that you went to the movies...even if I am juealous as I have not seen that movie yet:P

Cute outfits. I didn't even get to go the first day...she wouldn't let me. She just had her dad drop her off...I'm still a little hurt by it but I guess that's how it goes when they get older:(

Maddy said...

I love all the pictures! The kids look so great!

And I HATE you! No wonder you never e-mailed me back -- you were out having fun.

laura said...

good for you for going and having yourself some FUN! :)

i can't get over megan!!! she looks like she's 16! they look great - so happy! i love their outlook on the new year. what cool kids!