Tuesday, August 28, 2007




Well it has happened. A moment that has crippled me with fear in the past, but usually I can pass it off to daddy.



Unfortunately he is not here right now and I must deal with it.



I usually consider myself a somewhat smart person too. Sure, I forget basic words like:



"What is that green thing in the front yard? The thing with leaves? Birds live in it?"



Um........ what's that called? I can't remember the word for it.



A tree. Remember that because I'll probably forget a word as simple as that again. Maybe it's the heat. Who knows.



I blame it on mommy brain. Too many things in my mind.



My head is like a computer. If I get a new tidbit that must be remembered (say something very important like Hanna Montana's real name is Miley Cyrus.) then some other older bit of information must go in the little garbage can in the corner to be deleted - to make room.



More than likely deleting older, more important information I should probably remember like my pin number on my debit card. Crap, what is it again??



So what am I so afraid of?



4th grade math. Oy. Megan finds me and asks me to help her with a question on her homework.



It is REALLY bad when the 4th grade workbook stumps you. Even worse when you go back to read the chapter to try and figure it out and you are still staring blankly at the question. Well, at least megan figured it out on her own, which is good. Now she just needs to teach ME. I really hate fractions. Hate. Them.

7 comments:

Maddy said...

Well I love 4th grade math! Maybe from teaching it, it will always have a soft spot in my heart. Fourth grade rocks!

Call me if you ever get stumped or need help!

Kerry said...

I will have you on speed dial!!

Michelle said...

THANK GOD I'M NOT ALONE!

Math is okay for me (well I just TODAY realized I've my rounding up numbers wrong - that's an ego buster) but it's the english that's going to kill me. I was already semi-stumped with 3rd grade "find the subject of this sentence" good grief...Thank for it was easy like "The man went to the store" ugh. Time to crack the books I'm thinking.

laura said...

lol!

just give me your pin number. i'll remember it for you! ;)

Anonymous said...

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm right there with you girl! Since when did they start teaching calculus in the 4th grade? Damn.

Qwendykay said...

Psst... Laura.. you might forget the pin number.. share it with me too.

Unknown said...

What gets me is the new terminology for everything. "Regrouping"? WTH? We used to call it "borrowing" and "carrying." Sheesh! And don't get me started on the little boxes they put up there to make it easier... :P