Monday, August 06, 2007

shiny happy teeth




Look at those super clean teeth. Today was dental day. All three kids went to the dentist to have their teeth cleaned. - and also to find out that each one has one cavity. Yuck.

I was really amazed at how well all three did. The place we go to is so cool. It has a train theme, so of course it is heaven for Matthew. They have a huge wall size 3D engine that comes out of one of the walls, looking like it is coming out of a tunnel. It is really cool. Plus they have train tables to play with, and the lobby has a train that goes around the ceiling, through tunnels into other rooms. It really is cool.

I snuck the pictures while we were waiting for them to finish up on Trevor.

I feel kind of guilty though. I do make the kids brush their teeth morning and night, and bug them about flossing. Ugh, and I could hear each dentist 'reminding' the kids how important it is. Which translates into "mommy needs to make sure she is watching and/or helping when you brush your teeth to make sure you do a good job."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah don't feel guilty Kerry! Some kids just get cavities no matter how well they brush. They have fun ways to get kids to brush longer though. I think there are toothbrushes with timers on them even. Two minutes or something close to that. Great idea. I don't think I even brush for 2 straight minutes!

Unknown said...

I'm dreading our upcoming visit to the dentist for this very reason. ;)

Lisa said...

hey mom--i got a cavity--ok--now smile for the camera like you don't care!! ha ha
cavities is genetic! i floss, brush like 5 times a day, david can brush once a week--and who gets the cavities? that's right--me!