Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hello from the surface of the sun!



OH MY GOSH.

It is HOT.

<-- this is the parking lot at Target today. Haha!

I am ready for this crappy weather to be over. Sorry Beth, I know exactly who I sound like, but I feel like I'm about to rip my hair out in madness.

There are a couple of little things that are giving me hope right now.

The other day I found an adorable spider votive candle holder. It is on our kitchen counter and I love that it reminds me that if we survive the summer, Halloween and Fall are getting close.

My mother in law gave me a cute pillow with pumpkins on it today too. It's living on my couch. Sing with me now...It's beginning to look a lot like Halloweeeeeen!

I was going to put these things in the orange storage boxes in my holiday storage, but I don't have the heart. Add to that, I'm too lazy and did I mention that it is too dang HOT?!? I think this means I have officially started decorating for Halloween. - and willing Fall to get here. Quick.

5 comments:

laura said...

every time i see halloween stuff out (already), i think of you! :)

sorry its so hot. it is about 100 at our house but only in the 80's down here at the beach. come for a visit! ;)

Maddy said...

I hear ya! Yesterday I had to take all the kids with me to pick Ellie from school. The car pool line is always insane, so I thought I'd just park and walk over. UGH! Nate would not walk, so I ended up carrying him the whole 2 blocks, then waiting in the heat for 8 minutes, then carrying him back along with Ellie's back pack and pushing Sadie in a stroller. I almost died. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Yep; it pretty much sucks. And that dust storm last night was brutal!

Lisa said...

that pic made me laugh! because A) it was funny and B) cuz if the target parking lot looked like that you would still be there shopping!!!

Qwendykay said...

I saw some Halloween stuff out and thought of you.

And I know I'm just a wimpy Californian, but I was at a kids party and it was soo HOT, I bribed the kids to leave with the promise of slurpees, they counteroffered with Ice Cream too.. I gave in.