Saturday, June 21, 2008

barn of the week:

I AM going to get a good photo of that barn. That is my goal. - It is huge. I mean, that is only the roof. - It's also on a winding two lane road near our subdivision so I couldn't line up to get it at a good angle since I was driving. This was the only way I could get it at a little spot that I could pull over at.

I am fascinated by the barns and farmy stuff around here. It is so beautiful, and you'd think we lived in a very rural area. But we are near shopping and restaurants and everything I'm used to.

I'm sure the area was ALL farms not long ago, because you can see that within the past 5 or so years that some have been sold off and are being developed. I'm sure it is heartbreaking to some of the people who have been here forever, but lucky for me or I wouldn't have a house in the middle of it all.

But OH do I love being able to enjoy it and see it all.

Today we went for a little drive. Mike is in training right now and I needed a caffiene kick start. (Thank you McDonalds for the $1 summertime soda. I buy my sodas with the change I find in the laundry and on the floor. Hey, if it's left there, it's mine right? It's my paycheck for motherhood. And come to think of it I think I deserve a raise!)

Anyway, so we headed out to explore.

There are roads like this everywhere. Long roads with trees overhead, lots of grassy land with some historical markers along the way. Some day I'm going to get out and read the signs about the area. I am honestly looking forward to school starting just so I have some time to myself to go out and look.

2 comments:

laura said...

oh kerry - it looks and sounds so beautiful! :) i'm glad you are enjoying your new surroundings. you sound really happy! :)

and um, you need to go see my new toy on my blog. i know you'll appreciate it! ;)

Lisa said...

it is so beautiful there! i love it!