Monday, June 30, 2008

heaven in kentucky

Oh my gosh, today couldn't possibly get any more beautiful. It rained earlier, and there are still clouds everywhere. We may get more sprinkles in a bit. And dare I say that it is in the low 70s and breezy.

The only thing to make it any better was that the horses that are in the pasture at the front of our subdivision were out by the fence today. They are usually off kind of far to where you can see them, but it's rare for them to be standing right by the front. So the only person who wanted to go on a soda run with me was Megan. Yep, another Megan picture post because the boys didn't want to go anywhere and stayed home with daddy.

Megan and I came around the corner to these two:

There are a couple of other horses, one is a huge chestnut thoroughbred, and the other is a pinto yearling, but they couldn't get to close as these two were total pigs for attention.



We had to seize the opportunity to get out and pet them. See mom and dad? All those years of stopping on the side of the road, pointing out horses along the way and it has all come back. What goes around really comes around.



6 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

I love that last picture of Megan. She looks completely blissful:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'm still "anonymous" but I had to post and say that last picture of Meagan with the horse nuzzling her is adorable.
You guys really are in heaven aren't you?
Awesome!

Qwendykay said...

Holy Gorgeous Horses! Wow... I'm so jealous.

I was telling Mr. Man about your Ice Cream truck.... as our run down.. very sad sounding Ice Cream Ramshackle Van drove by the other day. Also.. it's $2.50 for a popsicle... yeah.. $2.50 for a big stick... yeah.. no thanks. If you keep posting these pictures, your just gonna find me as your neighbor.

Kerry said...

Wendy, what can I post now to make you move out here next to me?!?!? Hmm, southern California... you could have a HUGE house here. Come on. I need company.

Jen and Mandy, yeah that photo cracked me up when I loaded it and looked at the bigger version. Notice the horse even has his eyes somewhat closed too! Ahh, they looooove each other.

Kaelene said...

How fun! It's neat to see that you are enjoying your new home . . . even if we do miss you terribly! ♥

laura said...

wendy and i can caravan together! ;)

OMG that last picture is so so so amazing. kerry! what a happy girl! :)