Sunday, June 22, 2008

Surprise! American Girl Place.

*********




The first thing Megan said was, "I woke up this morning and had no idea that I'd be going to Chicago today!"

She has had a piggy bank that she has had since she was a baby that she found the other day. For two years she was an only child, so Mike and I would drop change in there pretty often before she had to start sharing with Trevor's piggy bank and then Matthew's. But man, those exclusive two years were good to her. That and she has been pretty good about saving her allowance lately. The girl has been working hard. She does jobs nobody else wants to do, like letting the dogs out in the morning and chasing them as they run down into other people's yards. (Allowing me to stay in bed!)

Things are tight right now, but this is her money. Apparently she broke open the bank and had been counting money since before Mike and I woke up this morning. We were woken up with, "I have enough for the American Girl doll I want!!"

Ugh, I started to break into the speech about how she should save the money, blah blah blah... but honestly, she's earned it.

Mike looked online to see how full the flights were to Chicago today since he had the day off. He was thinking the same thing I was. (Taking her there instead of ordering the doll online. That would be so fun and make a memorable trip. Basically only costing the amount of one cab ride and a cheap hot dog lunch.)

I took them to the airport where we kept saying that Megan was going to flight attendant school for the day. I kept telling her she was going to learn how to hand out peanuts. When she and Mike got out of the car, that's when he told her the big surprise!


Megan and Ruthie enjoying a first class seat on the way back home to Kentucky. (Why is it when I fly for free the only seats available are the middle? Mike and Megan have golden luck since this is her 2nd time in first class. Me = ZERO.) :p



Now, only 10 more days until the Kit Kittredge movie comes out. I bet even Mike knows that now too since I'm sure he had an education in American Girl today! And speaking of, thanks Mike for the photos! I would have been sad without them.

6 comments:

Maddy said...

Stop it! That is so cool!!!!

MISS YOU TOO!

jen paddack-hyde said...

sometimes I really miss those free flights...sigh. That is so awesome! How exciting for her:)

Qwendykay said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! YOU ARE THE WORLDS BEST PARENTS!!

Seriously, that is awesome. I mean.. AWESOME.

I am loving catching up on your blog. Also... the feeling the pinch... Yowza.. I'm feeling it.

Lisa said...

that is so cool that you are so close to an awesome city!! and you complain about my mexican food!!!

Unknown said...

How freaking cool is that?!
Erin's counting down to the Kit movie too... :)

laura said...

that is soooo freating cool!!! :)