Monday, June 23, 2008

summer blahs.




It's summer. OK, and I can't even say it is the kids. It's me... with summertime blahs.
I don't know if the weather here is typical, but it is nice compared to summertime in Phoenix where everybody starts to suffer from cabin fever from staying inside air conditioned houses for 3 months. Now if the kids are bored they can go outside and play. They've been kept pretty busy with games, computers, playing with each other and new friends, so they really aren't the problem at all.
I don't know if it is just that I've been on auto pilot in move mode for so long now or what. When I wake up in the morning I just stay in bed for about an extra hour dreading to get up. It means another day of putting things away, trying to keep on top of regular life, save money, blah blah blah....
I'm in a funk. Even though it sounds like we've been busy I was watching our little hammies run on the wheel in their cage the other day. What makes them want to get up and do that every single day? They never get anywhere. Sometimes they'll start running faster like if they speed up they might get to where they are going. But they still end up on the bottom of the wheel, rocking back and forth after a good run. Then they jump off and bury themselves in the bedding under their little plastic igloo again.
That's how I fee lately every single day. It's the same routine of work work work and by the end of the day I don't feel like I can see any progress. Maybe it's just hard for me because I look at it all the time. Mike comes home and notices what I've done. To me it's one more box broken down and thrown into the garage waiting for trash day.
Finances are nill. I think that is the hardest part. Like a lot of other people we are really feeling the pinch right now and maybe that is the hardest part. Feeling like you are running, constantly but not seeing much for the work you've done. Moms don't get paychecks.
Maybe it will help when the kids start school in the fall and we are on a schedule again. Don't get me wrong, I'm just in a fog with a lot of worries and things on my mind. On that stupid hamster wheel again....
.....and to top it all off Lisa keeps sending me photos with her iphone of tasty looking plates with oozing cheese from Mexican restaurants that she's been to. And nasty photos of remnants of guacamole in an empty bowl and a table dotted with tiny chip crumbs. She's so mean. Seriously, have you no shame? Get a girl while she's down.
......also, why does this post keep showing up without any breaks between the paragraphs like I typed it? Grrr.

7 comments:

jen paddack-hyde said...

We've been feeling the pinch too. It sucks. And we both work full time so it sucks even more. Hope you feel better soon. I understand the running and running but not getting anywhere. Thinking of you today:)

Kaelene said...

Kerry, you need to take a scrappy break!! I give you permission! You just need to take all those FABULOUS photos that you have taken lately and scrap. Or, if money is tight, and you can't print those (that's the boat I'm in . . . hatin' it!!) then scrap some older ones! If you don't have any, I'll ship you a box of mine! LOL
Here's a hug for you, hamster girl! Do remember that we love you!

Lisa said...

i feel the same way. i'm so not kidding. the only thing that keeps me going is the mexican food! LOL

Kerry said...

Excuse me Miss Thang - I hope you burn the roof of your mouth on hot cheese and get the worst gas ever from refried beans! You are KILLING me.

Unknown said...

You need a wheel you can run around like the hamsters. That's your problem! ;)

I hope the doldrums go away soon!

Maddy said...

BLAH! How about a trip to Target? The $ spot is AWESOME right now.

PS I e-mailed you! And STILL haven't gotten an e-mail ;p

laura said...

awww kerry - so much change and so much uncertainty. i think we are all feeling it to an extent.

i know you wrote this a while ago... i hope you are in a better place! :) (((hugs)))