Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A gorgeous day at the park and happy birthday to mike.

This is going to be a photo heavy post. I have to keep the out of state family up to date in photos!

Today was Mike's birthday, and he had the day off. The weather was perfect. I honestly wouldn't have known it was summer since occasionally I had to stand in the sun to warm up. It was in the low 70s, dry and breezy. Perfect.


We went to a state park we kept seeing signs for. Called Big Bone Lick. We always giggled at the name, but after reading a bit about it, it makes sense. Unfortunately whoever was in charge of naming places around here wasn't all that creative. Salt + big excavated bones = Big Bone Lick.


We want to go back to this place often. It is beautiful, and has a lake and campgrounds. I'm not a camper, but if I have to, this is the place. There is a guardhouse, a pool, restrooms, showers and a general store on the property. Plus you pay for a paved space for your car and you get a nicely kept patch of grass and a BBQ. If I'm going to be sleeping outdoors, this is it.


There are historic buildings, playgrounds and a wildlife viewing area with bison. And TONS of walking paths. All of this is nestled in green grassy hills and wooded forest areas. You don't feel like you are on top of other people all the time.

I don't know what these are, but I call them Kentucky weeds. They are everywhere. They are so pretty, and since they aren't cactus I'm fascinated with them.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

happy 40th birthday mike!!

all those pics are awesome kerry!! ooohhh--i loved the merry go rounds. i'd be on it myself if i were there! glad you're getting to know the areas where you live!

miss you!

jen paddack-hyde said...

love all the photos Kerry! Looks like you guys have adjusted to life there really easily:)

Maddy said...

Happy B-day Mike.

Sorry I suck at e-mail, I miss you too!!!! I promise I'll get better. I am in a total e-mail funk. G-mail has thrown me off my game.