Friday, June 13, 2008

Rain

It's raining!! Yes. I looooove this. It is supposed to rain all day. You know how you watch the weather in Arizona and the only red spots are always up north, and Phoenix was always clear? Yeah.... we're in a red spot baaybeee!

Finally.

I guess people always complain about what they don't have. People in rainy areas always complain about the rain, and I always wanted rain. I'm a happy camper today. It is supposed to be off and on until 9:00 tonight. :)

Mike is home for 6 straight days so he's busy doing things that I can't do very easily, like putting the boys' beds together and hanging some heavy stuff on the walls. It is getting more and more put together every day.

I have to say that I am looking forward to one of the first days where we wake up and say, "What should we do today? There is nothing else move related to do." It feels like life has been boxes and packing, and driving and unpacking for so long.

There are a million things I can't wait to get out and do. One of the first things I want to do is go to the aquarium. I am so excited about living somewhere that has one. I'm used to having to visit one when we go to a different city. As much as the ocean freaks me out, as long as I know those funky fish are on the other side of thick glass and can't eat me, I find them fascinating. Oh, and there is also an exhibit right now called the Frog Bog. I can't wait to see the froggies. :)

There are some great state parks nearby that I want to go to. We drove by one the other day and it had these incredible walking paths with trees over them, and lots of people with their dogs.

One of the main streets where a lot of shopping is, is called Turfway. The horse racing park sits at the top of the hill and I just love looking at it when I'm driving by. Not that I'm into horse racing, but I love the stables. I want to go in there SO BAD. I wonder if they need volunteers? Haha!

4 comments:

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

You sound so very happy! Enjoy exploring your new state!!

Unknown said...

You crack me up. If it's not a photo post, it's a weather post. ;) But I totally feel your excitement! We may drive thru rain later today, and I'm so stinkin' excited! I will be bummed if I don't see any on this trip. I know I have a long wait at home (where it's going to be 109 today...) for the monsoon to come, so I want to take advantage of it while I can. Meanwhile, half the country is cursing the rain, so I feel slightly guilty for wishing for it... ;)

It's great to catch up with you this way- thanks for all the fun updates!

*muah!*

Maddy said...

I love your new profile pictures -- ha ha!

I'm jealous of your gorgeous weather right now. Summer hasn't been awful yet, bu it's just starting. I've still got 6 more weeks to make it through. Send me some weather!

Lisa said...

you know how i know mike is home? yeah, your blog is done! ha if he flies to AZ he can come do mine!