Tuesday, June 10, 2008

one week?









This is what we looked like last Monday, just after going through downtown Louisville. (Mmm, look at that greeeen.) This is also the view I pretty much had all the way across the country. My truck was faster than Mike's since I wasn't pulling a car, so every now and then I would pass the boys and lead for awhile, or pull off on an off ramp to let Mike pass so the girl truck could catch up again and fall in behind. Might as well have a little fun on the road to break up the monotony right?


Today I realized that we have been here for a week. I can't tell if it feels like it or not. In one way, I feel settled and feel like I know my way around pretty well. It feels like home. But then again, there are the boxes and piles of homeless items that remind me that a week really isn't a very long time.


Here are some pictures from the road. The story is too long and boring to really get into. In short, it took us forever to get here because of TWO, yes TWO replacement trucks from Penske. The one we rolled in with was the third truck. So that also meant 3 times that my furniture got moved. I won't even begin with the frustration of the multiple broken items because of this. Grr. But it's all good now.


1 comment:

jen paddack-hyde said...

wow...three different trucks. That sounds like a pain in the ...you know what! Glad you are there though. Looking forward to more pictures of the area:)