Thursday, January 15, 2009

How to have a happy period!

For posterity... the thermometer in my car this afternoon said 10 degrees. That was the high today. We may see temps below 0 tonight. Yay!

The weird thing is, the sun is out, the sky is bright blue and there are cute puffy white clouds in the sky. Everything outside the window looks warm until you go outside and are slapped by the cold. Thankfully it isn't windy because THAT is when it really hurts.

I'm not suffering though. We did some errands today and my heat works well and my heated seat kept my rear end warm. Thank goodness for technology... and garages.... which would be hard to live without during this weather too. I actually witnessed a woman at a stoplight scraping ice off the INSIDE of her windshield with a credit card today. LOL.

Megan will kill me later on I'm sure, for writing anything about this... but the 5th grade had that health class today. The one where the boys and girls get separated. (Not the big talk, but just on hygiene and puberty.) She came home with a goodie bag with some Secret deodorant, some pads and a booklet. Mom, you'll be glad to know my first instinct was to flip the bag over and make sure it was from P&G. I would have been shocked if it wasn't... with the whole P&G and Cincinnati thing going on here.

The booklet title just made me laugh. They make it look like hygiene and periods are SO MUCH fun! - Along with a picture of two young girls giggling together while they listen to their MP3 players. It makes me wonder if I'm doing it wrong. I certainly don't have that much fun.

No comments: