Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The sun is out!


A few more photos for the fam. It has been a really nice day. A lot of relaxing, playing and spending time together. The snow finally stopped and the sun came out. That is so strange, but incredibly beautiful. The snowplow trucks are going up and down the streets starting to dig people out. As soon as the snow stopped there has been a ton of outdoor activity! Including us.








This photo is from yesterday. I tossed some cans of coke out onto the deck before lunch. When we were sitting down to eat I told them to look outside and see what the coke fairy brought us! When it snows, and you've been very good and the fairy knows that you can't get to McDonalds for a soda, she brings you perfectly and naturally chilled cans of soda. Isn't Kentucky great?! I love coke fairy.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys are alright! My mom called tonight and they have no power and no water. They do have phone lines and heat though so that is good. My uncle and my cousins don't have heat, water or power. Officials there have stated that it could be up to 10 days before everything is restored. I am praying that everything gets up and running before that. Mom said it sounds like they are in a war zone cause all the limbs breaking off the trees around them sounds like gunshots and cannon fire. She also spotted three coyotes circling the house. She figured they must have smelled Joy dog so she bought her in real quick. All the animals outside are starving cause everything is iced over. They are out in the boonies. I hope they get water back soon. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Kaelene said...

snow days are fun, WHEN you have power, (read as "heat"!!) in the house! I would prefer a visit from the Pepsi Fairy . . . can you arrange that??

Maddy said...

HOLY COW those pictures are amazing. It must be kind of nice to have a good reason to do nothing!!!

I love the coke fairy :D

Lisa said...

dude--is that blue skies behind you? i want the coke fairy to visit here!!!

cool pictures!