Sunday, January 25, 2009

sunday

There is a tire store here that always has the funniest signs every week. One time there was one that made me laugh because I totally feel that way. It said,

We're not easily distra.....

It's SNOOOOOWING!

That's funny. I totally GET that. Then today at the grocery store I realized a lot of other people are like that too. Mike, Matthew and I went to the store earlier. When we went in it was clear outside and we were supposed to start getting snow tonight and tomorrow. We were in there for less than an hour and as we were walking up to the front of the store you could see that it was snowing outside and the entire parking lot had turned white.

Everybody up front had the same reaction..... big smiles, wide eyes, and people saying, "It's snooooowing!" The big cool flakes too.

I called Megan and Trevor who stayed home to tell them we were on our way back. Trevor answers the phone and says with 100% confidence, "Yeah.... we're pretty much guaranteed a snow day tomorrow!"

I hope so. These kids have felt a little gyped out of the snow days so far. It was one thing we promised them would be pretty cool before we moved here, and sure enough this is the least amount of snow that this area has seen in awhile. Dang. At least we still have a couple of months left to keep our fingers crossed for more.

Piper even loves the snow. I took her outside to play after I noticed she was sitting by the window looking outside. It had stopped falling when we went out to play.



Oh my gosh, and can I just say that Pride In The Name Of Love is one of the greatest U2 songs ever? It could be about Bono singing the phone book, that guitar is incredible and still gives me goosebumps. Bono has so much passion in that song. It's always one of the best in any of their concerts. (It's on right now, can you tell?) I remember waking up at 5:30 every morning in 1985 when Mtv used to play that video at the same time every day. It started my morning off well. :)
Swoon.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

you used to wake up at 5:30 every morning? i knew there was something wrong with you! LOL

SNOW DAY VIBES BEING SENT!

Kaelene said...

Okay, speaking of distracted!! We went from beautiful snow talk to U2??????
I Love you, Kerry!!