Friday, January 16, 2009

Yep... it's cold.



Yep. More kraft paper. I love kraft paper. My kids will know without a shadow of a doubt that kraft is my favorite color. Next to beige. ;)

The Today card is a new brush in Karla's newest digital kit. "Capture Life" is in another one of her kits. I know I wouldn't be able to scrap without her. She has some amazing stuff. I've never been really big on titles for pages.... it was always the part I cringed at.... and just putting a loopy word somewhere makes my life so much easier.

These are old photos that I dreaded scrapping for a long time. Thanks to the extrememly cold weather, I'm inside and not budging today. Might as well spend some quality time with the computer.

I won't lie, it is cold here. DAMN cold. I'm lucky that I don't really have all that many responsibilities that make me have to go out in it. I can ride it out with my many layers of clothing and my space heater. The kids don't seem to mind it much since they are still playing with all of their new toys from Christmas.

Last night I had let the dogs out (Mike and I always look at each other to see who is going to let them out, but last night I wanted to see what 6 below ZERO looked and felt like. It's cold btw! So I offered.) and I stepped out onto the deck from the back of the house. There was this huge popping noise that sounded like gunfire. It echoed all the way down the hill and I thought I should have ducked for cover. Only to take another step and hear the same noise... then another.... the wood on the deck was frozen! It creaked and popped with every step. It was crazy. It's definitely a new thing to me. I'd much rather have my perfect weather, or at least several feet of snow to look at if it's going to be this cold, but honestly... I'm kind of enjoying the newness of the whole thing. It's an adventure. - And I'm totally a weather geek.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Kerry. You posted on my blog a couple weeks ago. It looks like you may have stumbled across me through Michelle M's site. I think we may have scrapbooked together years ago. Hope your holding up well in the freezing cold.

Tammy

Kaelene said...

Wow, you really ARE a weather geek! But, that is part of what we LOVE about you!!

Lisa said...

that's a great layout. and it's cold everywhere. except gilbert, az i'm sure! LOL