Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Attention Lisa!

Oh I am SO excited!! A friend of mine told me about this movie coming out. I know that Lisa will understand my excitement because we have this common thing, which includes quoting from this series of movies. It is from the same people who did Spinal Tap, Best In Show and A Mighty Wind. The new one is called For Your Consideration. Here is a link for the trailer.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/foryourconsideration/medium.html

if you have never seen any of these movies... run to rent one. They are hysterical!

See, the best thing is this movie came out before Thanksgiving! That is how out of touch I am with the new movies right now. Usually when I get excited about a movie it is something that you have to wait a few months for. Now I'm busy plotting a babysitter so I can go soon.

********

In hopes of lifting my Christmas spirit today, the kids and I made a gingerbread house. Which I probably wouldn't have done if it wasn't for the message left on my machine today. Maddy singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year." How she keeps this childlike wonder of all things Christmas is beyond me. ;)

But whatever she did... it must have worked. The gingerbread house was fun for all of us to work on. Nobody fought over who had more sprees for the walkway, or more gumdrops or anything. My perfectionist self didn't even interfere and I am embracing the fact that the roof has wiggly lines of frosting, and mismatched candies. Heck, it's even ok that the snowman is missing his head after taking a fall from the countertop.

Matthew decided he would rather eat the candy than waste it by putting it on a decoration. Smart kid.

See? Baby steps. I might not have my tree up, or my yard decorated yet... but I do have one way cool gingerbread house.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it. I bet you and the kids had an absolute blast.

Mike

Lisa said...

cannot wait! brianne told me it was coming out and all night long we exchanged "best in show" comments!!! glad your gingerbread house turned out.

Anonymous said...

well, it's a step...

now you really should go watch "it's a wonderful life".

;)

post a pic of your gingerbread house! we got the gingerbread train set from target that i still need to get done.