Sunday, November 12, 2006

super saturday update!

First, thanks for all the comments about the new bloggy stuff. I'm still trying to figure out some things that I like and don't like. Poor Mike, I asked him to remove the music thing since it kept making trouble for me whenever I opened my blog up. I wasn't sure if it was doing it to anybody else too.

So one quick question led to another, and before I knew it he was in here for several hours figuring that stuff out for me. I at least got my scrap room clean while we were both in here though!

******

Yesterday was awesome!! Super Saturday! We got to the church a little early and set up. The first family that we did went so well. Mom, dad and four kids ages 1 year to 13. If this one went well, the others during the day should. Mike is sooooo good at getting babies to laugh. Little kids love him. They always have. So there were a lot of smiles.

After the first family, I think Mike could tell that I was a little bummed that I couldn't go inside and work on the projects that I signed up for. So he offered to take pictures for me. I went inside the building and came out with some cool bracelets, and some other things that I am keeping a secret because I am hoping to give some as Christmas gifts next month! Shhh!

Pretty much Mike was left taking pictures of everybody else on the list. He did a great job from what I can tell from the quick look I took on the computer yesterday. Thanks Mike!

I am still relieved that is over. I think a lot of people are going to be so happy with their photos. I felt so bad because I kept hearing the same type of comments from people.

"I haven't had a family photo in over 8 years!"

"I want a picture of just me (mom) and each one of my kids because I am never in the picture."

I think my scrapbooking hobby makes me even more aware of getting pictures often. Yeah, they are just fun to scrap and that is why I take so many, but honestly I appreciate that my kids will have a ton of photos to look at someday. My dad liked photography when I was little. Geeze, back in the film days so you know how expensive that could get. But I am so glad that I have so many photos of me as a baby and growing up. I still LOVE to look at them. So I feel that pictures are a very important thing. Not only in documenting things, but just for being able to relive memories.

So that was all over.

Mike had to go to school for awhile yesterday after that. THEN last night he called me from the place that he rents planes from. He asked if we wanted to go to Tucson for dinner and fly at night. I haven't been out with him at night yet. We were all pretty excited about being able to go flying.

I thought flying in general was cool. But flying at night just ROCKS. There isn't another word to describe it. Being able to see out of the front of the plane, plus flying lower than commercial planes and being able to see details on the ground is really cool. It is really neat. You could see for miles! Pretty much after taking off from chandler, you could see the lights of Tucson right away.

Landing at Tucson was awesome. Runways at night are so cool. It all makes much more sense to me with the different colored lights and taxiways. Tucson has a big airport too, and I love being the small plane out in the middle of all of the big ones. Yeah, I think I am officially addicted. I get the whole flying thing now. I really love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry that mage below is GORGEOUS! WOW, I bet flying at night is AMAZING! GREAT new blog too! Take care, Tammi

Lisa said...

glad you got your photos done. yeah--flying is way fun!