Wednesday, November 22, 2006

what day is it anyway?

Kind of a random post today, but I am still homebound with Matthew. He still isn't feeling well, even a few days later. The only thing he can do is drink a little bit of pedialite. He just doesn't have any interest in food at all. The upside of this whole thing is that he has been SO snuggly, and I am enjoying just sitting with him.

We did go outside and drive to the bank today. I wanted to see if getting out might help him cheer up. He actually loves the bank because of the tubes in the drive through. He laughs when they get sucked up.

As I was pulling into my driveway I noticed that our neighbors are putting Christmas lights up today. I still can't imagine Christmas right now since it is still kind of warm out for this time of year. They (the weatherpeople) promised us a very wet winter because of el nina, and cooler temperatures. I'm still waiting....

I hope that everybody has a very happy thanksgiving tomorrow. It feels so weird not to be out in the huge last minute rush right now. I'm looking forward to my kids, and Mike to be home for a few days. No plans, and hopefully just enjoying each other.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope he's feeling better soon, Kerry. I remember not wanting to eat at all after having mine out. I ended up fainting in the doctor's office when I went in for my post surgical check-up. I can laugh about it now, but it was so painful at the time. Poor guy. :(

I hope your neighbors are right about El Nino, but we may not see anything till after the holidays. Doesn't the majority of El Nino come in Feb/March? Can't remember...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

SuburbanMom said...

Yah, I have a rule: don't decorate for the holiday until you are at least in the correct month. That means I have until 12/1 to bust out the icicle lights, the jolly santa and all the other crap I have sitting in red and green boxes down stairs. Ho, ho, ho :)

Lisa said...

happy thanksgiving! enjoy your family!

Anonymous said...

hope matthew is feeling better today and that you guys had a great thanksgiving! :)

Maddy said...

Poor Matthew :( I'm sorry he had such a hard time recovering form surgery. Glad he's semi-back now!