Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A little update on Matthew. (In laws are out of town, and I know she is checking in.)

He seemed like he was healing pretty well yesterday, but he hit a wall last night and started not feeling good at all. He woke up at one point screaming so hard I think he hurt himself. He is on vicoden for pain relief, and I know that stuff gives you really weird and vivid dreams. He woke up and was shaking and had huge tears for about 20 minutes. No matter how close I held him and played with his hair or anything. He kept screaming that he was scared. I could tell when he finally exhausted himself back to sleep because he just slumped over and started drooling. This happened a few times throughout the night.

He's not having a good day today. Poor thing. He isn't bouncing back like Trevor did. I'm still kind of worried about him.

He is pretty pale, swollen and has purple under his eyes. He was trying to ask me earlier how he got sick when he felt fine yesterday morning. :(

I'm sure he'll be better by tonight, but we plan on doing some serious couch time today.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

aaawww!!! I'm so sorry he's not feeling good. It sucks having your babies sicky. Cracks me up that he's kinda figured out that the timing doesn't work out on why he feels like crap! smart kid!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, poor little guy! Is he any better now? With every day that passes, he should be getting a little better. So hard on you, too. That picture of him is so sad. Update please. Thank goodness it'll be somewhat calm for Thanksgiving.

Lisa said...

well i am sorry you had both had a rough night. i couldn't get over the description of him exhasuting himself and then slumping over and drooling. those men learn early!!!

Kim said...

kerry sorry to hear that he's not feeling well! let me know if there's anything i can do! hopefully you 2 can get some rest!

Anonymous said...

awwww...poor little dude. I hope tomorrow that he feels a lot better:)So rough for kids to have to go through these things.

Anonymous said...

oh, poor baby!

i hope he got some sleep last night - and that he feels much better today!

(((((hugs))))) to you both!