Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Whew! The day after.

Well, we still have some sick kids here. Matthew was doing fine until this morning. Now he is sitting on the couch, snuggling with his blanket. Yep... #3. Three labeled drinks with straws, 3 beds made up on the couch, and 3 puke buckets. It looks like a hospital ward out there. ;)

Last night was still fun. I ended up taking matthew around the block. It was perfect for him because by the time we had come back around the corner to our street, he was starting to ask me to hold his candy and he wanted to sit and take a break. He was really into Halloween this year. Infact, I always thought it was funny how he would get stuck behind a group of kids a bit bigger than him, but he would somehow manage to crawl through legs to get up front. He was still very worried about his peanut allergy, and his entire thing would go like this:

"Trick or treat. I'm allergic to peanuts."

candy placed in bucket.

"Thank you! Have a happy halloween!"

He said this at each house. Even though I kept telling him not to worry about the peanut issue. It was funny, because after reading 2Peas for so long where so many people there act like it is such a huge strike against their American freedom.... (you all know what I mean with those heated threads!) I guess I thought that most people would be offended by him saying this.

I'm convinced that a lot of freaks post at 2Peas, because in the real world, all of the adults told him how mature he was for watching out for his health, and everybody was happy to oblige. (Usually with an extra piece of candy.)

I ended up taking Megan and Trevor up and down our street, so they at least got to do a few houses. Enough to get a little something to keep them happy. They came back inside and watched a movie while Mike and I sat out in the front and handed out candy.

Our neighborhood is like a movie on Halloween. There are kids, babies, parents and grandparents everywhere. The sidewalks are so full that people have to walk down the streets. You always run into somebody you know, and each street is like its own carnival. Most people sat out in front of their houses since the weather was so beautiful. A lot of people had those portable fire pits going, with chairs around, garages turned into haunted houses, bouncy houses set up in front yards, music coming from everywhere. It was just plain old COOL.

There were so many great costumes this year! My favorites are always the little tiny kids. The girls always have a princess dress on that looks so huge. The boys are just as adorable. It cracks me up how quickly they figure out the routine. Those little guys give the big ones a run for their money. They probably even haul in more since they have that cuteness factor.

OK, now admit it though.... how many of you smelled your kid's candy buckets last night?? ha ha!

Happy November! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

those nasty message threads are the number one reason I don't even go to the 2peas board anymore...glad to hear your Halloween was a good one after all:)

Michelle said...

I was the worst candy person yesterday. I got every variety of recees. LOL Did you know they make that with caramel now? YUMMY! I did have gum that I gave to my neighbor who's allergic. I don't know how many other kids are going to SOL because of me.

sorry your kiddos are sick. that bites! At least they come some 'action'

I didn't smell the candy bags but I know what you mean about the smell of Halloween. For me it's all the candles I burn during trick or treating.

Maddy said...

Glad you were still able to have some fun!

Unknown said...

I hope everyone is feeling better today! :)

Anonymous said...

sounds like your neighborhood is a blast - glad you got to do some ToTing! :)

i smelled the candy. i ate it, too! :P

Lisa said...

halloween--love everything about it too!! glad yours was good! the 'childhood in a bucket smell' the one before they eat everything or the one after?? ha ha