Thursday, November 09, 2006



Crappy scan again.

One of my favorite things in the scrapping world right now are these Hambly transparencies. I absolutely LOVE them, but can't seem to find them at any store out here. I have to keep ordering them online! What is up with that?!?

Anyway... here is one I started working on the other day. I saw a design similar to this in the creating garden by Miley Johnson.

Those cute little flower chipboard thingies I even bought this morning at the Lil' Davis warehouse sale. Somehow I feel like I have justified the purchase when I use something the same day! Yay me! ;)

Here is the journaling: (and yes, I know the title isn't exactly grammatically correct, but I liked the sound of it better.)

"It's ok, I like who I am."

You came home from school one day and told me that. We were talking about clothes and how you overheard somebody at school saying that you are WHO you are because of the clothes that you wear. This must not have felt right to you. We were talking about how that isn't necessarily true and that you should never judge a person by who they are on the outside.

We also talked about how it really was a sad thing that this girl from school believes what she said. That life is all about appearance. Sadly, I suppose it is to a small degree, but you should never miss out on experiences in life because of it.

Sweetie, sometimes it takes people a lifetime to figure that out and learn to like themselves. The fact that you have figured this out so early in life makes me so proud of you. You are already ahead of the game. I am so proud of you."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous page Kerry!!...I'm gonna have to try to figure out a way to take you step by step through my scanning process...since we didn't have an opportunity to meet up in October:)

Lisa said...

wow!! i guess i better get my transparencies out and start scrapping!!! love it!!

Maddy said...

Love the LO, love that Megan! She is such a great kid!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this one!!