Tuesday, November 28, 2006

nothing like a little holiday whining............

My sweet friend Maddy loves Christmas. Seriously, this girl starts preparing for Christmas in June. She is like a giddy child when December finally comes around. I am beginning to question this girl's sanity.

I can't get into the holidays yet. I don't really want to be a scrooge, but I think that is the way that this year is shaping up.

I actually thought that I was getting out of the gate pretty well last week when I ordered some things for gifts. I have quite a few people taken care of already, but as far as the usual hard to buy for people in my family... I am not having any luck. I think every store has the same thing as the next. For somebody that loves shopping as much as I do, I'm really getting bummed. It is probably because shopping these days takes much more planning. With the kids, you have to plan out where you are going, take food breaks, get home in time to go pick up other kids, etc. It isn't like you can go out for an entire day and hang out at the mall.

I'm not even ready to get decorations out yet. Our house is the only one on the street right now that doesn't have lights up and decorations out in the yard. Even the Jewish lady next door has a winter wonderland in her yard complete with Santa. Her husband isn't Jewish, and I swear he is like Chevy Chase when it comes to decorating. I swear our lights dim when they turn their lights on at night.

Mike and I were talking the other day that he didn't want to put lights up on the eaves of the house this year. I don't blame him, because this house has a ton of angles and eaves. So he thought we might just put lights on the bushes and the tree out front. At first I thought that wasn't enough, that we needed to rush out and buy one of those animated lighted deer or something. There are deer herds all over our neighborhood, so we need some too right? But honestly, I don't want to have to store the deer after the holidays are over. Hm, what to do?

I'm sure my mood will change, because I really do love to see the excitement about Christmas with my kids.

In other news, I am sore today. I wasn't able to sleep last night, so around 2:00 I went to go downstairs. Thank goodness our staircase is split, because I hit the landing in the middle and fell all the way down to the bottom. On my butt and my back, hitting my head on each step as I slid all the way to the bottom. I'm sure it was graceful. Damn it hurt. It hurt bad. Today it hurts even more. Nobody else was awake, and I was so mad that I just sat at the bottom and cried like a baby. I am seriously considering having a shot of Matthew's leftover liquid vicoden with a soda chaser. ;)

7 comments:

Kim said...

oh kerry i'm sorry to hear about your fall! sorry that i'm laughing, but i can picture it happening. only because if you hit the edge of our steps just right you will fly down the rest of them. lets just say it's happened to the whole family! crank up that christmas music and that will put you in the mood!

Lisa said...

vicoden with a soda chaser--i knew you were my kind of girl! i'm coming over and make mine a double!

Unknown said...

I'm sory you fell down the stairs. Did it make a loud noise? That's the scariest sound...

Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

ouch - sorry about the fall! :(

don't worry - the christmas spirit will hit you soon! :)

Anonymous said...

oh kerry--I hope you're okay!

You can always tell mike to go on all fours out in the yard and you can string lights on him :)

Miss you girlie!!

Maddy said...

WHAT? You're not feeling the holiday spirit? You must get your Christmas tree up ASAP! Then you turn off your lights, turn on some holiday music, cuddle your kids. . . You'll get hit with the bug!

Sorry about your fall! Hope your bum feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Kerry I am so sorry, it sounds like it hurt! I am surprised it didn't put you in the Christmas mood. A good hard tumble downstair always makes me see jingle bells. Sorry I am not funny! I do hope you feel better soon. Tammi